The entry

Started by round157, March 21, 2019, 07:31:45

Previous topic - Next topic

MrmediamanX

I would advise you make an itch.io account and upload to there ... certain file sharing sites general have a tendency to be blocked in some case's.
itch.io,gamejolt and other similar sites alway's work best for quick updates and patches aswell.
also be sure to update the your worklog accordingly :)  just in case.

Game Title
Download link and OS requirements
Required dependancies
Brief info about your game/default controls:
Media information ( If using free / purchased media then please state where you obtained said media. )
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..

round157

Quote from: MrmediamanX on March 26, 2019, 10:48:59

itch.io,gamejolt and other similar sites alway's work best for quick updates and patches aswell.

Hello, thanks for your support! I will consider your good suggestion. Thanks!

Game Title, Simple
Download link, https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/topic,5394.msg24307.html#msg24307
OS requirements, it is a Windows game
Required dependancies, players doesn't need other files to run the game.
Brief info about your game,
This game is a very basic game made by an amateur or inexperienced person(me). Since I don't have superior or outstanding skills in every aspect of game development. I tried and managed to make an okay-quality game in the process of the development of this game.. It is also not a big game project because my ability is not good enough for a big game. Therefore, it is only a very small game. If gamers can give me their comments on the game after they play it, I will be very, very happy. All comments given by gamers to me are priceless! Sure!!!!!

Default controls, this game is very simple, player only needs to use a few keys to play.

cursor keys: movement
spacebar + cursor keys: pull
d key: decrease background music's volume
i key: increase background music's volume
r key: restart
w key: window mode
s key: save game
l key: load game

The current version has a problem in displaying the above keyboard information. I cannot fix the problem as I don't have enough time. I will solve this problem later in this week.

Media information of the game, graphics and music were created by me. Sound effect files were from Gamemaker's package.

Finally, thanks for playing this game!

STEVIE G

What about an in-game screen shot or two and some more info on what the game is about?  Might encourage more to download and play  ;D

round157

Quote from: STEVIE G on March 26, 2019, 16:55:39
What about an in-game screen shot or two and some more info on what the game is about?  Might encourage more to download and play  ;D

First, thanks for playing!!!

Your suggestion is good. Thanks! I have no time now but I will do this later. I spent too much time on making this game from last Wednesday to yesterday. I need to finish several jobs around the house first.

round157

Hello....

I made several mistakes in the development process of this game. I discovered these mistakes in the version 1.01. These mistakes have been removed today. The following version is the version 1.02 and those mistakes are not in this version. This is the final version of this game.

The main mistakes in the version 1.01:

1. In the room with grey bricks, one block is in an improper position. Player will be unable to finish the task in this room.

2. In the room with blue bricks, I placed two shapes in two improper positions during development process. Player will be unable to finish the task in this room.

If you are a player or fan of the game, thanks for playing!!! The version 1.02 is 100% okay.

jonza

Damn. Can't play it. I don't have windows anymore. My laptop broke, so I'm using my old linux server now.

Xerra

Quote from: jonza on March 27, 2019, 14:20:19
Damn. Can't play it. I don't have windows anymore. My laptop broke, so I'm using my old linux server now.

If you want to vote in the competition then you'll need to find a way round that. The min requirement is a Windoze build. Anything more than that is at the authors discretion.
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

Qube

Quote from: jonzaDamn. Can't play it. I don't have windows anymore. My laptop broke, so I'm using my old linux server now.
Can't you install your dev tool on something like Wine and compile a Windows exe from that?. Or provide the full source and media so someone here can make a Windows build for you?

Quote from: Xerra on March 27, 2019, 17:27:09
If you want to vote in the competition then you'll need to find a way round that. The min requirement is a Windoze build. Anything more than that is at the authors discretion.
Yup, a Windows build ( 99.99% of people have access to a Windows machine ) or a browser version as most people don't have access to a native Linux / Mac boot.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

jonza

Quote from: Qube on March 27, 2019, 17:32:31
Quote from: jonzaDamn. Can't play it. I don't have windows anymore. My laptop broke, so I'm using my old linux server now.
Can't you install your dev tool on something like Wine and compile a Windows exe from that?. Or provide the full source and media so someone here can make a Windows build for you?

Quote from: Xerra on March 27, 2019, 17:27:09

Yup, a Windows build ( 99.99% of people have access to a Windows machine ) or a browser version as most people don't have access to a native Linux / Mac boot.

Of course. It was kind of sarcastic comment: There's 3 or 4 computers on my desk with 4 screens on the tabke and even the TV has arch linux with i3 Desktop, but no windozes around I have a windows tablet that i'm reviving with linux :) ... maybe I should ask my son why we have so many  ;D

I was thinking of trying the latest Windows LTSC preview, but there's something wrong with my live/insider credentials... Tomorrow it's just the regular version if it's not working. I'm definetely going to play every game in the competition.

round157

STEVIE G, Hi,

Today I have time. I can do the following things now.

Some more info on what the game is about: the game is lovely and cute. Moreover, it is easy for players to learn the rules of the game. The game is suitable for kids to play because it does not involve violence. The game is also suitable for the elderly because players don't need too good reactions to finish each level. Many female gamers should like this genre of game.

round157

Quote from: jonza on March 27, 2019, 14:20:19

Hello,

Sorry, I am unable to make a Linux version for my game. I am not a Linux user but the following article should be able to help you:

"More than 26,000 Windows apps and games are compatible with Wine,"

( https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/01/wine-4-0 )

therevills

I cant download the game from filedropper :(

http://www.filedropper.com/102

This site can't be reached www.filedropper.com's server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Have you another URL?

Derron

Works here ... if nobody does till this afternoon I will put up a mirror for you (aka...when at home again ;-)).

bye
Ron

therevills

Hmm, looks like my connection doesnt like it... it would be great if you can put up a mirror - Thanks Ron!

round157

My game's zip file is about 1.88MB.