The entry

Started by round157, March 21, 2019, 07:31:45

Previous topic - Next topic

round157

Quote from: therevills on April 08, 2019, 09:54:02

Have you another URL?

Hello, thanks for your interest in this game!

The small file(1.88MB) of my game has been prepared for you. You can download it now.

round157

Quote from: Derron on April 08, 2019, 10:06:46
Works here ... if nobody does till this afternoon I will put up a mirror for you (aka...when at home again ;-)).

bye
Ron

Thanks a lot. You are very enthusiastic.

I was very stupid because I didn't know that there was a very excellent and convenient attachment facility in this forum. Thus I uploaded my game to FileDropper.com. I selected to upload to FileDropper because FileDropper doesn't need registration.

The file size of my game is actually very small. It is only a 1.88MB zip file.

round157

Quote from: therevills on April 10, 2019, 10:00:26
Thanks downloading now :)

Hello, don't say that.

Thanks for downloading my game! You are so welcome!!!!!!!!!

The file attachment service provided by this forum is extremely reliable. This forum is the best place for hosting this small zip file(1.88MB) of my game. No doubt!!!!!!!!

therevills

I quite like you little game, a nice puzzle one and the graphics remind me of what I would have created back in the day using the character "art" symbols.

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Locomotive_BASIC#SYMBOL_n.2Ci1.5B.2Ci2.2Ci3.2Ci4.2Ci5.2Ci6.2Ci7.2Ci8.5D

SYMBOL 255,255,129,129,129,129,129,129,255
PRINT CHR$(255)

Areas of improvement:
* Use a font which matches the 8-bit machine
* Select music which sounds more like an 8-bit machine (it doesnt have to sound exactly like the original, but give the 8-bit feeling).

Would love to see a walk through on how to actually complete your game. Does it regenerate another level after the first?

Imerion

Another really hard game! I liked the use of symbols to match, felt like the brain needed a bit of extra work there as opposed to just boxes or so. Runs great in Linux using WINE, btw. (Seems I have now made it my mission to confirm this for all the competition games. :))

round157

Quote from: therevills on April 10, 2019, 23:05:31

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Locomotive_BASIC#SYMBOL_n.2Ci1.5B.2Ci2.2Ci3.2Ci4.2Ci5.2Ci6.2Ci7.2Ci8.5D

This looks clever and very interesting.

Areas of improvement:
* Use a font which matches the 8-bit machine
* Select music which sounds more like an 8-bit machine (it doesnt have to sound exactly like the original, but give the 8-bit feeling).

I like to read essays written by intelligent and constructive critics. You are one of them.

Thanks for your opinions! They are priceless opinions! 

Would love to see a walk through on how to actually complete your game. Does it regenerate another level after the first?

No detailed walkthrough was prepared for players. Players are mainly required to complete all the matches in each level.

Only nine levels are in the game. These 9 levels were pre-made by me. Ha.....I don't have the technical skills to make this game generate new levels automatically.

round157

Quote from: Imerion on April 12, 2019, 00:03:44
Another really hard game! I liked the use of symbols to match, felt like the brain needed a bit of extra work there as opposed to just boxes or so. Runs great in Linux using WINE, btw. (Seems I have now made it my mission to confirm this for all the competition games. :))

Hello,

First thanks for playing the game.

Secondly, thanks for your valuable comments on the game.

By the way, WINE looks very useful and important in playing Windows games!!!!!!

chessish

How is your project going?

i wish you all the best creating this