What percentile of your game will you manage to do before 31 March....

Started by 3DzForMe, March 19, 2019, 18:03:40

Previous topic - Next topic

3DzForMe

Well, I've actually taken a days leave next week to allow me to get to roughly 60 percent. How about the rest of you?
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Steve Elliott

Well I haven't completed a full game in ages, plus I'm still learning AGK at the same time and looking to create some functions I can re-use in other projects, so a few re-writes.  Therefore progress has been slow for me - and that's without too much pixel peeping!

I'm hoping it all comes together soon.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

Quote from: 3DzForMe on March 19, 2019, 18:03:40
Well, I've actually taken a days leave next week to allow me to get to roughly 60 percent. How about the rest of you?
Wow! that's dedication :o

Baring any disaster then I should be OK with this comp :)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

round157

Hi,

In this situation, I have a question.

Will the deadline of the competition be especially postponed for at least 2 weeks in order to ensure that all entries reach a high level of presentation before voting begins? Thanks. 

(May this be a wrong sub-forum for this thread?)

Xerra

Quote from: round157 on March 19, 2019, 23:45:30
Will the deadline of the competition be especially postponed for at least 2 weeks in order to ensure that all entries reach a high level of presentation before voting begins? Thanks. 

Hahah, good luck with that one. A competition end date has never been changed yet, to my knowledge. I think what we need to consider is that we've had around 9 weeks for this one. The Xmas competition was around 8, and before that the maze competition was really tight and only had six or so. We've had more time than we usually get, to be honest.

Looking where I am, I'm still cautiously optimistic that I am going to make it. If you'd asked me last week then I'd have said "Fat chance! I'm just still going to get as close as I can."

Making a game is bloody hard - even outside of the competition time-frame. Anyone who turns one out has got nothing but respect from me because I know how much work goes in that nobody will notice. Much as I would love another couple of weeks to really get up to scratch, it ain't going to happen.
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

Qube

QuoteWill the deadline of the competition be especially postponed for at least 2 weeks in order to ensure that all entries reach a high level of presentation before voting begins? Thanks.
No extension to the deadline will be granted, sorry :)

QuoteMaking a game is bloody hard - even outside of the competition time-frame.
Yup, it requires a lot of work to make even a simple game the complete package. It's easy to show off a concept / half finished game but to complete it into a final package takes work no matter how small and easy the actual game is.

QuoteMuch as I would love another couple of weeks to really get up to scratch, it ain't going to happen.
I'd love a couple of weeks more too but the boss in an arse and says no :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

iWasAdam

It WILL be finished - I promise   :-X

Sort of about 80% there. I need to work on some cross-platform libraries to make sure it runs on Windows and Macos. Still lots to do gameplay wise, but ll the pieces are now there. I just need to connect them all up...

TomToad

Been reading "The Story of the Commodore 64 in Pixels."  These guys were given 6 weeks to design the C64 computer and it became the best selling single model computer of all time.  It was at one time outselling all other computers combined.
QuoteHe demanded the engineers develop
a computer with 64 kilobytes of RAM in
time for the Winter CES in the second
week of January 1982. That meant the
team had just six weeks to accomplish the
task. It seems incredible in these days of
intensive, lengthy hardware development
that they could achieve the impossible,
but they did. Initially, the new computer
was named either VIC-30 or VIC-40,
depending on who you spoke to, but by
the time it was presented in January it had
been become the C64.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

3DzForMe

I'm having enough job synching pictures with text, that's what comes from designing a room system on the hoof, I'm aiming for good progress this evening though, I'm always 'hoping' for progress  8)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1