Airwolf - Jan-Michael Vincent - R.I.P 2019-03-08

Started by Qube, March 09, 2019, 03:55:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

Another childhood hero passes away :(

To the best TV series pilot ever to grace our screens. Every Saturday night the theme tune would kick in and then it was Airwolf time, Get em Stringfellow Hawke, blast them out of the sky!. Great memories, thank you :)

Also a separate shoutout to Ernest Borgnine who also starred in the show along with many other movies.

In memory, let's all blast out this rocking extended theme ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLFqeXm_5X4
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

GaborD

Really sad news :(
Childhood heroes indeed.
Was one of my favorite shows. Never missed an episode.

3DzForMe

Sad news indeed, now he'll be flying airwolf immortalised in peeps like us memories!
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Steve Elliott

Sad indeed, and an iconic themetune of childhood, like Grange Hill.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

markcwm

Hey Qube,

I loved a bit of Airwolf! I can still hum the theme tune on request. lol, but I was more of an A-team fan.

it's good to remember those we love, a friend of a friend recently passed away and she said instead of a funeral she wanted people to celebrate her birthday every year with a party, I realized we kind of do this anyway just without the party but it's interesting that we do want to be remembered.

PS: Jean-Michael Vincent was a very keen surfer.

Qube

Quote from: markcwm on March 10, 2019, 00:02:33
I loved a bit of Airwolf! I can still hum the theme tune on request. lol, but I was more of an A-team fan.
What happened to all the cool theme tunes?. There are not as many these days. Guess the 80's was the decade of theme tunes.

Ahh, the A-Team.. Ok brain cells, off ya go..

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem and if no one else can help and if you can find them then maybe you can hire the A-Team.

Yup, still remember it ( I think ) ;D

Quote from: markcwm on March 10, 2019, 00:02:33it's good to remember those we love, a friend of a friend recently passed away and she said instead of a funeral she wanted people to celebrate her birthday every year with a party
That's the best way. When my Dad passed his wishes were after the funeral to have an after party celebrating his life and having a laugh. My Auntie commented that it was more like a wedding than a funeral. Good memories are better than bad ones :)
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

markcwm

Hi Qube,

haha, yeah the 80s had the best theme tunes, well it feels that way but really it's all down to how many episodes you watched. lol

A-team and brain-cells? When I was 10 I didn't have brain cells, they were still growing. lol

That's cool that you have the same idea about remembering the departed. I wonder if this is just an Irish thing? lol

Qube

Quotehaha, yeah the 80s had the best theme tunes, well it feels that way but really it's all down to how many episodes you watched. lol
I think the 80's did have the best theme tunes.. Airwolf, Street Hawk, Automan, Whiz Kids, A-Team, Knight Rider, and that was just a small part of the kids / young adult shows. In the more mature shows you had The Equaliser, Dallas, Cagney and Lacey, Magnum PI but to name just a tiny few. The intro's and theme tunes were much better back then.

QuoteA-team and brain-cells? When I was 10 I didn't have brain cells, they were still growing. lol
Mine are still growing. I refuse to grow up ;D

QuoteThat's cool that you have the same idea about remembering the departed. I wonder if this is just an Irish thing? lol
I prefer to remember the best times and blasting out the theme tune brings back the best emotions :) - Also, I'm not Irish :P - I'm English but the misses is Northern Irish born and bread and 14+ years ago it was easier for me to move over here ( self employed ). My accent can be a little dodgy from time to time as it breaks in and out :P

Until the next time.

MrmediamanX

just can't beat that 80s/90s vapor wave/new retro wave synth style.
very cool themes indeed. 8)
my bad for minor derail ... (R.I.P jan, ya son of a gun)

It's a thing that doe's when it don't..

Qube

@MrmediamanX - I've never heard that. It definitely has a very 80's vibe about it. Was it done in the 80's?

*cough* thanks for posting that version as I've just seen another one which is very 80's raunch :o :P

Until the next time.

3DzForMe

Quote.

We took the kids down to Legoland in Windsor. Whilst supping at a pub, in the smallest Street in England, my wife said Dirk Benedicts sat over there, I thought 'who'? It was only face from the A team. Not one to miss an opportunity, I asked if he'd like a drink and to join us. He sat with us for over an hour chatting, lovely personable man, he was playing Columbo at the time. We preceded to HMV to buy an aTeam box set to introduce the kids to eighties telly gold, the a-team.
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Madjack

Given his past and liking for the demon drink, I'm very surprised he made it to 73 years old.

Kronos

Quote from: 3DzForMe on March 11, 2019, 08:34:50
Quote.

We took the kids down to Legoland in Windsor. Whilst supping at a pub, in the smallest Street in England, my wife said Dirk Benedicts sat over there, I thought 'who'? It was only face from the A team. Not one to miss an opportunity, I asked if he'd like a drink and to join us. He sat with us for over an hour chatting, lovely personable man, he was playing Columbo at the time. We preceded to HMV to buy an aTeam box set to introduce the kids to eighties telly gold, the a-team.

I wish something cool like this would happen to me.. The closest I got was when I saw Ian Holm in a terrible shell suit in Marlborough once.. He had that "oh no I've been recognised" looks on his face so I didn't speak to him.

Xerra

Was just thinking about this today. Two of my competition games have had links to Jan-Michael Vincent.

Envahi was based on the TV show Airwolf - starring the man himself.

Damnation Alley is based on the book but there is a film of the same name also starring the man himself.

Think I should put a line in the credits: "For Jan-Michael Vincent. R.I.P." maybe.

M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

Steve Elliott

...It was only face from the A team. Not one to miss an opportunity, I asked if he'd like a drink and to join us. He sat with us for over an hour chatting, lovely personable man, he was playing Columbo at the time. We preceded to HMV to buy an aTeam box set to introduce the kids to eighties telly gold, the a-team.

Cool story.   8)

Who've I met that was famous?  Well I don't like to bother them (if they're working or passing through) but if they were in a pub with me then yes I'd go and have a chat too...I was in Paris with the wife and Oprah Winfrey was on camera, Rhys Ifans (from the Notting Hill film amongst other things) was strolling through Cardiff Bay (and getting hassled by people for lots of photos).  As a Welsh rugby fan Ieuan Evans was signing his book and on another day Desmond Llewelyn (Q from the Bond films) was too.  I'm a huge Bond fan.  Lovely bloke, we had a chat and he signed my Bond Book...David Tennant and the rest of the Dr Who cast were outside my office at a previous job filming a scene.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb