May 21, 2019, 10:53:32 PM

Author Topic: AppGameKit Studio preorder available  (Read 956 times)

Offline Xerra

• Retro Evolved
Re: AppGameKit Studio preorder available
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2019, 05:44:56 PM »
I was a bit meh at first with this until I saw the second example. You could also template a lot of this if you have consistent variable names between projects.

Dev tools like GameMaker 2 do let you build visual elements of games into rooms as well as create them in code but invariably you're doing what Qube described and recompiling repeatedly while jigging stuff around to get things in place perfectly. Adding a few comment lines in to test stuff much more quickly would certainly benefit me as I'm constantly not trying to think my way to the right numbers and just throw them in one by one until it works right.

With my current game, where i'm tweaking car settings constantly to get what I want, this would be incredibly helpful. Wonder if I could rewrite it in AGK within 2 weeks ...... ;-)

Online Derron

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2019, 08:49:50 PM »
For such simple stuff you could run Lua scripts ...and update them as you go. Needs preparation of course.

Bye
Ron

Offline 3DzForMe

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2019, 11:32:28 PM »
.This is a really useful feature for coders and not just a fluffy marketing piece, nice one :)

Couldn't agree more, the time I've spent tweaking buttons positions in a UI, just great coding IDE to say the least.   :D

I felt another tool purchase coming on.

Offline Rick Nasher

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2019, 09:40:21 PM »
This kinda reminds me of the Unity interface but more useful.
Also glad I can finally use the Studio IDE using Menu>Build>FPS Run to get it running full speed.  8)