3DzForMe's 8-bit wars comp entry - The Big Dark Adventure

Started by 3DzForMe, February 02, 2019, 07:31:20

Previous topic - Next topic

3DzForMe

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

3DzForMe

Hmmmm, found this as a potential way to compose my own Speccy music. Obviously, I need to run it in a spectrum emulator....

Just got a little requirements creep going on....

Qube

Eeeek, don't inflict us with original ZX 48k music :o I use the term music very lightly :P

"Original price : £5.95" - Back in the day when software was affordable ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

3DzForMe

Hmmmm, might go for both flavours, native speccy music initially, if you progress far enough then some sampled at a lousy 16K.....keeping it speccy real!

Qube

Quote from: 3DzForMe on March 04, 2019, 21:18:21
Hmmmm, might go for both flavours, native speccy music initially, if you progress far enough then some sampled at a lousy 16K.....keeping it speccy real!
If you want to rock some classic ZX 48k tunes then you go for it - if you have a buzz ( see what I did there ) to get some classic Speccy music in your game then crank up the volume and dazzle us ;D

Quoteif you plan composing your own tunes there's beepbox:
Even that exceeds the original Speccy's audio ability. Unfortunately the Speccy didn't get half decent audio until the 128k version. Having said that I can still fondly remember the original farty pfft sounds of JetPac even after the last few decades :P
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Xerra

Quote from: Qube on March 05, 2019, 03:59:59
Having said that I can still fondly remember the original farty pfft sounds of JetPac even after the last few decades :P

Jetpac.. Now there was a game, alright. The only game Ultimate ever released for the Vic 20. You needed at least an 8k expansion but we all had a switchable 16k cartridge, right?

M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

Qube

QuoteThe only game Ultimate ever released for the Vic 20. You needed at least an 8k expansion but we all had a switchable 16k cartridge, right?
Yup, I had the 16K switchable RAM pack ;D. Such great tech to switch between RAM amounts and glory at the available bytes on the Vic's boot prompt :P

Until the next time.

MrmediamanX

man these sounds are buzzy ... a few good one's in there though.

as apposed to the later 128K audio:
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..

3DzForMe

Agent x sounds like an attack of the bees!

Ah yes, jet pack at lunch times when at primary school.

3DzForMe

Bugger me, how did it get to the 7th March already, somebody stop the time thieves!

A small part of me is sad there's only 3 weeks left of spectrum esque coding fun to be had.... but need it end there I wonder ?

Anyhoo,

QuoteThey code mostly at night....mostly

Just improved my debug terminals.... its just ticked past 5:00 AM, suppose I'de better get ready for work! I think its plain to see I've some ways to go yet. Might have to stay of the old pop to increase my Mojo levels if I stand any chance of finishing THE BIG DARK ADVENTURE........

Steve Elliott

Bugger me, how did it get to the 7th March already, somebody stop the time thieves!

A small part of me is sad there's only 3 weeks left of spectrum esque coding fun to be had.... but need it end there I wonder ?

Agreed.   :o
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

3DzForMe

We code mainly at night, digging my device station out at 0550 to start coding, jeez, I Really need a man cave or a Bigger house, man cave it is then!

I'll settle for delving back into my big dark adventure, first seven rooms painted now, 2 more rooms until the brave outside world, am I giving too much away I wonder?   :'(

Once I've escaped outside (just in my big dark adventure, I seem to do that too often in the real world, hampering my retro speccy Dev!), ZX speccy music composure coming on song, oh yeah!

** The ZX Spectrum 128 had better audio so if you are emulating the sound of the Spectrum then you do not have to stick with the original.
128 it is then....

3DzForMe

Had another idea about modding my Speccy loading screen, at this rate my loaders going to be representative of the time waiting, anticipating whether it would load or not!