3DzForMe's 8-bit wars comp entry - The Big Dark Adventure

Started by 3DzForMe, February 02, 2019, 07:31:20

Previous topic - Next topic

MrmediamanX

semi gore maybe? if all else fails just hunt for refs I suppose.
you got this man.
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..

3DzForMe

Oh yeah, semi gore mixed in with the final dark location is just the ticket, cheers!

Also, got another way to decrement life force, compiler (shouldn't) MAV with this option, fingers crossed! I'm wondering if blitz has a limit on the amount of include files you can use, I'm well passed double figures.

T minus 2 weeks, might have to take annual leave at this rate! At least I've got somewhere to avoid distractions coding now, jeez, it's been over 20 years since I'd such luxury (coding Harry Potter style, under the stairs!)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

3DzForMe

Thinking of trying to invoke some more functionality, nope must stop, less than 2 weeks to go!

3DzForMe

Spent 2 hours on a test script making rooms text tie up with images, which is always handy

To do s:

Finish loader
Add title screen
Add another (gasp) 10 rooms
Finish kill details

iWasAdam

Xerra

You can do it. Not long now. Get your head down. This part of the competition deadline is always hard. Doesn't matter what the result is. Just that you were there and had a go. That's how I've always looked at it. And I've got a 3/4 record so far. After this compo, hopefully a 4/5.
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

3DzForMe

I will finish this in some guise, thanks for the encouragement folks, and Xerra, thanks for the inspiration for my man cave!

Never would've imagined going out to the trailer to code .... Yet here I am at 0700 tapping away.

[Edit] Just made a 'stuff' array which has 5 objects in it, a torch, rucksack, fuel, food....... And a jetpack!

Xerra

Quote from: 3DzForMe on March 23, 2019, 06:48:46
[Edit] Just made a 'stuff' array which has 5 objects in it, a torch, rucksack, fuel, food....... And a jetpack!

A jetpack? A jetpack, you say? That reminds me. One day I am going to write my own version of that awesome game !!!
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

3DzForMe

Yeah, should've really been a jetpac! :))

[Edit] Got my Inventory logic implemented, just gotta code 'drop item's and use item logic next.....

[Edit] Drop logic invoked......

[Edit] onto RM 13, puts me in mind of a comic story that used to be called, level13.

3DzForMe

Go up, and.... Wait for it, go down logic nearly invoked. Getting late in the the day now.....

Just had a great idea for correlating images to your current location....

This isn't a game feature.... More a Dev feature.

iWasAdam

Here's something you might find interesting:

It's part of the map I use in Viva-Mortis. Each position gives a visual view of the map, room type - HOW THEY ARE CONNECTED (n/s/e/w), etc
the colors represent the base room kind.

I could very simply extend this concept to your adventure data by adding a second layer. a,b,c,d,e,f,g... where each letter would be a specific detail/image reference.

We've separated the n/e/s/w directions and connections from the locations. You could have another layer which was the 'objects' thos you could pick up and carry or had an effect.

It's a different way of looking at the same data (visually) possibly?

3DzForMe

Interesting Adam, I'll confess, despite saying earlier in my work log I'd a days leave to code tomorrow, looks like I'm shopping with the family....

The nicer weather coming in to boot may hamper (will ...) Before Sunday, which is deadline day, Mothers day and my wife's birthday. Yep, need to improve my multitasking, which is a mis-nomer in itself!

Thanks for sharing

3DzForMe

Hmmmm, spring has sprung, other activities could well be hampering the time I've left prior to the 31st.... Best I get my coding, arty head and story head on  :P

3DzForMe

Kill / Died logic invoked ..    :o

Death by dog(s)

3DzForMe

Buggeration, my imagination has allowed my room count to surpass 20 rooms by more than 1, I've nowt but admiration for Melbourne house. Going to make my zeta release (yes, I've coined a new phrase, it's looking keep pre alpha that only family can try out for bugs... But I doubt that.......). So, I'm hopefully going to release my Cath Zeta release late tomorrow, with a view to 'tripping' over the finish line  ::)

Might have to sub contract some work....