February 22, 2019, 05:27:09 AM

Author Topic: Choco Cookies for everyone! PBR-HDR test in AGK  (Read 515 times)

Offline Rick Nasher

Re: Choco Cookies for everyone! PBR-HDR test in AGK
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 09:27:31 PM »
@blink0k:
Ah you've seen it too. To say it in a popular way: is there any collusion?   :o

@GaborD:
If so will below promise still hold up?

will post a thread over there once it is finished, this will be a much bigger demo level showing off some fun effects. 

Offline GaborD

Re: Choco Cookies for everyone! PBR-HDR test in AGK
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 11:38:05 PM »
I always share my test shots for engine promotion, was the same in NB and other engines I used. No conspiracy lol.
The level is a good stress test due to the complex effects chain, so I gladly help to test.

But this is just a fun demo for the particles I am working on. Admittedly, not much in terms of particles in it yet.  ;D
Originally I just wanted a simple bare room, but I got sidetracked, as usual.
On the bright side, I got the glass system out of it, a better HDR post chain and some semi-decent AA. Will be useful.
At this rate I will finally start making an actual game in about 10 to 20 years.

Today's slowpoke additions:
Improved the glass, cam facing-ish surfaces have less drastic refraction now, looks more natural.
Also tweaked some albedo values, for instance the salt shaker is not so extremely dark anymore.
Managed to get some of the most problematic objects almost specular aliasing free (the fork was notorious, sub-pixel thin ultra bright specular lines along the edges), managed to get it pretty clean now, only the glass still has some issues. This is the stuff that nightmares are made of. Forget monsters, forget being naked in front of a crowd, forget Freddy. Specular aliasing is the truely scary stuff.