Code a game comp - 8-BIT WARS - Jan 25th to Mar 31st 2019

Started by Qube, January 25, 2019, 22:33:00

Previous topic - Next topic

therevills

Congrats all! Some great entries to play and judge!

Derron

Congrats to the contestants - enjoy the incoming bug reports.

bye
Ron

Steve Elliott

Congrats to the contestants - enjoy the incoming bug reports.

I think I am to bug reports that Derron is to misaligned pixels.   ;)
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

jonza

I only played three so far, but these have been awesome. Sorry I couldn't participate this time. Good luck to everyone :)

round157

Quote from: jonza on April 01, 2019, 01:36:03
I only played three so far, but these have been awesome. Sorry I couldn't participate this time. Good luck to everyone :)

The current contest is very successful. Therefore, I believe that the next contest will begin within a short period of time. Please join the next contest!

MrmediamanX

props to the peep's who got there entries in ... and to the one's who tried,we feel ya ... dev-ing aint easy.  ^-^
time to old skool game and chill for a while .... then it's judg-in time and a difficult one at that. :)
This comp was a bit of a learning experience ... gain some insight into older 8 bit systems, very useful none the less.
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..

Xerra

Well done to everyone who got their games in for the deadline. Shame not everyone could make the finish line this time but we all know how hard it is to get a complete, working game done to a tight deadline. Nice to see Derron made it in the end with the tightest of deadlines. 6 mins !!!!!! I thought it was only me who ended up getting that close to missing it :)

I've not looked at a bit of code all day yesterday as even the thought of it makes me feel a bit queasy at the moment. Roll on the voting as there's some really fucking great games to judge this time.
M2 Pro Mac mini - 16GB 512 SSD
ACER Nitro 5 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3050, 1 TB SSD
Vic 20 - 3.5k 1mhz 6502

Latest game - https://xerra.itch.io/Gridrunner
Blog: http://xerra.co.uk
Itch.IO: https://xerra.itch.io/

STEVIE G

Well done folks - it's a huge effort to design and code any game in 8 weeks!  Looking forward to playing all the entries. :D

Derron

I thought of putting the sources for "Genus Prime" on Github - but I feel a bit ashamed as it is not of the source quality I like such stuff to be (there is a big "genusprime.bmx" file which holds many game types/classes instead of encapsulating everything properly (like I did for my framework).

If there is interest I would upload it this afternoon when being back from the laboratories or I first clean up stuff und upload later then.

BTW: without my framework's code I've written about 300kb of code for Genus Prime (with framework code we end up at ~3MB or so). What about yours?

bye
Ron

3DzForMe

Quote. I've not looked at a bit of code all day yesterday as even the thought of it makes me feel a bit queasy at the moment. Roll on the voting as there's some really fucking great games to judge this time.       

I was disappointed trawling through and adding all the imagery to the executables folder I was so screen/code wearified yesterday. I was hoping the Blitz3D executable would've just incorporated all the image files 'magically'. Very well done to all and sundries entrants
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

iWasAdam

Congrats to everybody who entered and fcompleted their work - I know it's a loooong, hard slog. Kudos to everyone who took part :)

I', spending the next few days resting and going through entries now  8)

iWasAdam

Viva Mortis updated to 1.03 for windows and mac
- windows has a sound fix where the sound was being played an ocatve higher
- mac is totally new compile with fis for black screen on latest macos
- possible retina fix
https://adamstrange.itch.io/viva-mortis

3DzForMe

I'd have been a damn sight less consumed with testing had I known there was a bug fix week. Sfair enuf though.... Spent a whole 3 mins looking into a feature, very quickly realised I'd rather find something new to watch on telly. What with mourning the death of my Winosows7 machine and all...... Might be time for a new hobby.  ::)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Qube

Quote from: 3DzForMe on April 02, 2019, 23:38:42
I'd have been a damn sight less consumed with testing had I known there was a bug fix week.
There's an acronym called RTFM. I think we should have one for the SyntaxBomb game comps called RTFR ;D

Rule 12 :

12.. There will be a one week gap after the comp ends before voting starts to allow members to play the games and for developers to fix any bugs in their game and re-upload. Once voting commences then no further bug fixes can be submitted until after voting has been completed.

QuoteWhat with mourning the death of my Winosows7 machine and all...... Might be time for a new hobby.  ::)
You don't have a decent PC at the moment? :o
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

craigd

Congrats and good luck to all who entered. This has been great fun and I learned quite a bit from it. Like how to narrow my focus with the KISS method ;p