GCC 8.2 or 7.4 distro available for BMX?

Started by Grisu, December 31, 2018, 11:02:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Grisu

Hi everyone,

I wanted to update my BMX MinGW-Win32 compiler to GCC 8.2 (released in July) or 7.4. (released in December).
In general I use this site to get a working distribution: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/

Sadly it hasn't been updated for ages. :(

Is there another / newer distribution available that works well with BMX?

Thanks
Grisu
Pocket Radio Player     Cardwar

Derron

Try the one Brucey provides in its NG releases?

bye
Ron

Grisu

Brucey's build is not compatible with my PRP project code. Thus I depend on external sources.

Derron

Did you raise an issue on github (for NG) ?

bye
Ron

Grisu

No, I don't bother Brucey with my lack of advanced coding skills.  ;)

Henri

Hi,

you could use the 'MinGW-W64 Online' Installer found in your link, and install what ever version you wish to try (8.1 seems to be the newest available).

Edit. See attached for 32-bit settings.

-Henri
- Got 01100011 problems, but the bit ain't 00000001

fielder

Quote from: Henri on December 31, 2018, 17:47:02
Hi,

you could use the 'MinGW-W64 Online' Installer found in your link, and install what ever version you wish to try (8.1 seems to be the newest available).

Edit. See attached for 32-bit settings.

-Henri
Yes.. but it works ? it's possibile compile a Win project (Architecture 64) ? ( asking before destroying my current NG setup )

Derron

NG is portable .... just copy your whole NG directory into "BLitzMaxNG.MyWorkingInstallation" and play with the other one - or name the other one how you like etc.

Pay attention to copy your source too - or at least use a "non quick" compile variant to avoid issues with precompiled stuff. Also important: if you update NG (bmk, bcc, ...) it is a very good idea to rebuild the modules to avoid trouble.

bye
Ron

Henri

NG already has a fairly recent version of 7.3 gcc, so I don't believe there is enough reason to update.

-Henri
- Got 01100011 problems, but the bit ain't 00000001