2019 - What's your goals?

Started by Qube, December 31, 2018, 06:29:17

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindalfGames

My goals for 2019 are.
1:finish my game The Grimoire of Worlds. I feel like I'm not that far off anymore. Ive been working on it for 3 years now so it would be nice to move onto something else.
2:buy a yacht and move aboard. Start sailing around the south of the uk. Ive been looking at 27 to 31 foot bilge keel yachts and found quite a few in my price range. I'm just holding out for something a little more perfect :p

Rick Nasher

I'm a bit superstitious so can't post all that here.. lol  8)

But one thing I really want is to get rid of burn out/bad health before I completely burn up,  even if means quitting job and live even more modest.

Wish you all the best you can be in good health, wealth and well being.

LT

Publish my first (indie) game.  Make gobs of money.  Make more games.  ;D

Matty

Current goal (as per this morning's brainwave)

Write a second book:

Series of 366 short 100-150 word stories/snippets in the first 2-3 months of this year, and release as hardcopy to a few old friends and family.

A series of shorts - horror, fantasy, pleasant surprises, adult themed ideas, sci fi, dark, light, ultra positive, ultra psychological horror, all sorts....from the twisted mind and mental states I've been in and more....

That's a goal.

To produce an A5 size book with a blank page on the left and a small section of text on the right, one page for every day of the year. Various stories.

Not for sale. Just as a gift - need about ooh 50-100 copies probably.

windman

To learn BB as well as possible to write Stand Alone applications, some games and some music VSTs, if it's possible.

MagosDomina

1. Focus on reaching new milestones with my main project.
2. Catch on some reading. ( I have too many books )
3. Re-teach myself 3d animation.
4. Produce 3 short promotional videos and one extended on by the end of the year.
5. Possibly reduce work hours or look for a new job.
6. Eat better and do some more cardio. I'd like to loose 10-15 lbs.

Qube

Quote6. Eat better and do some more cardio. I'd like to loose 10-15 lbs.
I did that slowly over the last 3 years. Went from 18 stone down to 15 stone. Even for a 6' 3" guy 18 stone was a bit chunky. I'm now a slim mean ginger machine ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Holzchopf

Quote from: windman on January 02, 2019, 22:08:01To learn BB as well as possible to write Stand Alone applications, some games and some music VSTs, if it's possible.

Sorry for going off topic, but: I think to write VSTs you'll need to learn BMax at least. But master BB first, concentrate on games and some tiny tools ;) Switching to BMax later should not be a big issue.

MikeHart

In which way would learning BMax help writing VSTs?

Wouldn't C++ be better for that?

Holzchopf

(Shhhh! I mean... Yes, but don't tell him that.  ;D There's no way around C++ when writing VSTs, but at least BMax + C++ is a valid combo)

3DzForMe

Try and do Qi Gong daily to help with relaxation. Also maybe a slice of headspace (a meditation app) per day.

Coding wise...hmm, try the less is more approach.

Try and read more auto biographies, and a bit more fiction.

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1