Regarding OpenGL Max2D driver

Started by Yellownakji, December 06, 2018, 10:15:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellownakji

Just a quickie question;   Which version of OpenGL is required minimum?  1.0? - What does the driver require?

I'd like a list of the technical specifications, for hardware testing.

thanks.

markcwm

Well if you goto the BRL docs modules/graphics/opengl it reads "full opengl 1.1 command set" so I'm assuming that is correct. I've only ever tried as low as 1.4 myself though. The actual lowest version is 1.0.

Hmm, well the driver is the brl.graphics mod which contains factory loaders for brl.glgraphics and dx. Max2d depends on brl.graphics which should automatically load either gl or dx versions, but in practise people load either the gl or dx mods. The drivers then depend on the command sets pub.opengl and directx, and in the case of GL glew extensions.

This is a great place to get GL spec sheets:
https://www.khronos.org/opengl/wiki/History_of_OpenGL

Yellownakji

Quote from: markcwm on December 08, 2018, 22:57:26
Well if you goto the BRL docs modules/graphics/opengl it reads "full opengl 1.1 command set" so I'm assuming that is correct. I've only ever tried as low as 1.4 myself though. The actual lowest version is 1.0.

Hmm, well the driver is the brl.graphics mod which contains factory loaders for brl.glgraphics and dx. Max2d depends on brl.graphics which should automatically load either gl or dx versions, but in practise people load either the gl or dx mods. The drivers then depend on the command sets pub.opengl and directx, and in the case of GL glew extensions.

This is a great place to get GL spec sheets:
https://www.khronos.org/opengl/wiki/History_of_OpenGL

Thank  you for this information.   It's definitely functional of at least GL1.1 as my Windows9X machine supports 1.1 just fine.  Not higher.   

Well, in my configuration app, i let the user select if they want DX9,GL or DX11.   If on Mac or Linux, i force GL.

thank you for this though. Much obliged.