Mars: Inside SpaceX

Started by Henri, November 24, 2018, 18:16:28

Previous topic - Next topic

meems

>I have an alternative theory: Perhaps the darker image that appeared in the magazine cover was slightly edited for more dramatic effect. Publications want to sell right ?

That's a new one. By that theory there should be a paper trail of cover photos that are darker than the originals.

Anyway, you can move onto level 2. The high angle. The cameras were fixed to the actors chests. So how has this photo got a view of the top the actors helmet? The hasleblad cameras had crosses on them, with a big central cross in the middle. The middle cross is at the actors lower leg, indicating that the camera was pointing down, from a height of about 7 feet.

>So the photographer was in mid jump!

...is one I've heard b4. Except the photographer seems to appear in the helmet reflection, and he's stood on the ground.

>So the photographer was stood on higher ground!

Good luck trying to find the higher ground near the alleged 1969 landing site. No-ones found it yet.

Flanker

Quote from: meems on January 08, 2019, 21:49:24
Anyway, you can move onto level 2. The high angle. The cameras were fixed to the actors chests. So how has this photo got a view of the top the actors helmet? The hasleblad cameras had crosses on them, with a big central cross in the middle. The middle cross is at the actors lower leg, indicating that the camera was pointing down, from a height of about 7 feet.

Astronauts were leaning forward to counter-balance the weight of their portable life support system (PLSS). It weights around 38kg on Earth, that's only 6.4kg on the Moon but as the astronauts are lighter too on the Moon, the weight distribution stays the same and they had to lean forward not to fall.

I have two questions for you then :
- Landing men on the Moon requires hundreds if not thousands of people working together (and billions of dollars). Are they part of the hoax or did "they" (who ?) fooled them ? Where is the money ?
- Why didn't the soviets reveal the hoax ? They probably had enough space tech to know wether the USA landed on the Moon or not because they were trying to get there first. It would have been perfect for their propaganda to prove that USA faked the Moon landing...
Everyone knew it was impossible, until someone who didn't know made it.

meems

>Astronauts were leaning forward to counter-balance the weight of their portable life support system (PLSS).

Good, well without quantitative analysis, I don't see a way to refute your explanation. Just seems odd to take a portrait photo by pointing chest height camera at lower leg.

>- Landing men on the Moon requires hundreds if not thousands of people working together (and billions of dollars). Are they part of the hoax or did "they" (who ?) fooled them ?
That old chestnut. Global Warming alarmists say the same thing. How can all these people conspire - like as soon as they're out of public view they start grinning conspiratorially and chuckling to each other about how they've fooled the public one more day. The reality is, individuals working for the system could not see the whole, so could not assess it. They were given a niche job and agreed to keep quiet and not ask questions ( apollo was confidential \ non-disclosure ). There were lots of drills, some of which the workers didn't know were drills until after the event. The computer operators didn't know if the data they were receiving was from space or from a rehearsal, and after 100 drills they wouldn't even be trying to discern.
The people making the models thought they were doing it so the actors could practice for the real thing. They were told the real thing was being made elsewhere at a secret location.

People often have a naive view of conspiracies. They seem to think that anyone involved in a conspiracy knows exactly what they are doing, looks like a criminal, and at any moment is trying not to laugh like a evil mastermind or looks guilty as sin. The reality is most people haven't a clue they are involved in one. Only a very few people at the top know whats going on. Whistleblowers are dismissed as nutters and are ignored, they also lose their well paid jobs. - This tends to influence the others with families and mortgages to not ask questions, and instead just get on with the work they've been given.

>Where is the money ?
In the pockets of the US industry base. Apollo was taxpayer funded. These days the apollo hoax still pays dividends : when a rich group e.g. saudis want a satellite they hand a quarter of a billion over to western companies.

- Why didn't the soviets reveal the hoax ?
I can see this the 1st time you've thought about this. We get these questions all the time. The idea that the soviets held a magic card, like all it took was one soviet to stand up and say " i think apollo is a hoax, here's a piece of paper with some writing on that says i'm right " at which point the entire western media and public rally behind this call, and the apollo people hold up their arms in a surrender and say " you're right, well we fooled you up till now, but its all over " and didn't go back to work the next day, is naive.
The cold war era soviets always decried what the US was doing. The western media didn't listen. It was constant, just like the UK parliament, one side has an idea, the other side opposes it and says its money purposely flushed away which amounts to a conspiracy against the taxpayer. Instead spending a decade of decrying and being ignored, they decided to fake it too.

Kryzon

> when a rich group e.g. saudis want a satellite

So you don't trust any evidence that the moon landing was real (photos, videos, depositions), but you do trust that such a thing as a satellite (an electronic device floating around the earth) does exist, when nobody cared to gather evidence that satellites are indeed real.

Got it. So the next time someone goes to the moon, all they have to do is not show any evidence, otherwise your contrarian feelings will kick in and you'll start going "hmm, you're trying too hard to make me believe you, therefore I will not".

meems

I'm one of the poor people who graduated in physics, and have kept it going as a hobby all my life. It gives a better idea of what is achievable.

>an electronic device floating around the earth
Its really not that hard to float around the Earth. The moon does it without even trying.

>trust
Why resort to that? Why not discern truth from fiction using your intellect?
If someone's got a good reason for satellites being fiction then let me know.

>Satellites.
While they exist and are modestly useful, they, or the public image of them are often used as a big con. Remember sky1 the TV channel? In the 1980s and 1990s the dumb public believed they were receiving TV signals from a satellite. Complete nonsense, but it sure sold a lot of SkyTV licenses, people who believed crap about TV signals were paying to watch crap TV signals.  :)

therevills

Quote from: meems on January 09, 2019, 07:22:06
We get these questions all the time.

LOL! We?!?

Quote from: meems on January 09, 2019, 21:31:50
I'm one of the poor people who graduated in physics, and have kept it going as a hobby all my life. It gives a better idea of what is achievable.

Lot's of people study and graduated in physics, including myself... and doing it for a hobby really doesn't mean you know everything...

Quote from: meems on January 09, 2019, 21:31:50
>Satellites.
In the 1980s and 1990s the dumb public believed they were receiving TV signals from a satellite.
What do you think they were using then?! From my knowledge they were using the Astra satellites...

meems

> doing it for a hobby really doesn't mean you know everything...

>know everything...
> have a opinion different to normal people

Can u spot the difference here?

>What do you think they were using then?
Same thing we use today : good old fashioned ground based radio broadcast transmitters. Some people still fancy those mock radar dishes and a picture of a satellite in space on a cardboard box that the radio receiver comes in, so the satellite TV myth endures to this day.

therevills

Quote from: meems on January 09, 2019, 22:36:10
> have a opinion different to normal people[/i]

Well we can confirm you are far from normal :)

Quote from: meems on January 09, 2019, 22:36:10
so the satellite TV myth endures to this day.

Proof?

Madjack

QuoteGlobal Warming alarmists say the same thing.

And of course he's a climate change denier as well. ::)
Can we go for the trifecta meems?
Is the earth round or flat?

meems

>so the satellite TV myth endures to this day.
>proof?

>Is the earth round or flat?
Round of course. Confess your sins, what else beside wasting electricity on this net forum have you done to contribute to the day when the air sets on fire due to AGW and becomes another Venus?

meems

GaborD

Qube

I think we're all experts on this now ;D - time to get your tin foil hats out and move on to the next conspiracy.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.