Mars: Inside SpaceX

Started by Henri, November 24, 2018, 18:16:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Naughty Alien

Quote from: therevills on November 29, 2018, 08:53:00
Quote from: Naughty Alien on November 29, 2018, 01:18:11
..well..im far from any conspiracy theory guy..actually...

..then you see tons of NASA videos from ISS which shows such blatant CGI errors(while show is presented as a real time stream)....

....you start realizing how bad lie is..

WTF?!  ???

..cutting out parts of my post and forming it in to a something else, is not a way to go man..why would you do that..why not see rest of the words written attached to lines you have cut out?? Why taking things out of context ? And then ending whole thing with 'wtf' ?? Why ?

therevills

Quote from: Naughty Alien on November 30, 2018, 02:08:21
..cutting out parts of my post and forming it in to a something else, is not a way to go man..why would you do that..why not see rest of the words written attached to lines you have cut out?? Why taking things out of context ? And then ending whole thing with 'wtf' ?? Why ?

Sorry for cutting too much, but thought it still highlighted the issue with your post... you state you are not a conspiracy theory guy but then talk about CGI errors, if that isnt conspiracy talk I dont know what is.

I believe we went to the moon, the Apollo astronauts left a mirror on the moon which we use to measure the distance between the Earth and the Moon.

GaborD

Quote from: therevills on November 30, 2018, 08:32:23
I believe we went to the moon, the Apollo astronauts left a mirror on the moon which we use to measure the distance between the Earth and the Moon.

Yep, the lunar laser ranging retroreflector arrays. 3 of them actually, set up on three different Apollo missions (11, 14, 15)
Used by observatories all around the world.

Then again, a true conspiracy theorist will then tell you that the russians also have two reflectors, from their unmanned Luna missions with the Lunokhod rovers. So you don't necessarily need humans to do it.

To which you will reply "Yes, but those are just pre-mounted on the rovers, which lead to them having issues (one wasn't usable for decades, until re-found with the help of lunar reconnaissance orbiter images)."

And there is surely a clever comeback for that too...

And a clever comeback to the clever comeback...

And...

You can never win, there is always a step further one can take it down the rabbit hole.
The rabbit hole is turtles all the way down.

Henri

There is no need to argue about validity of Moon landings, because the issue would never be resolved.

Perhaps I can end this with a more lighter note  :)

-Henri
- Got 01100011 problems, but the bit ain't 00000001

MagosDomina

You don't need mirrors on the moon to bounce a signal off of. Earth–Moon–Earth communication (EME), also known as moon bounce, is a radio communications technique that relies on the propagation of radio waves from an Earth-based transmitter directed via reflection from the surface of the Moon back to an Earth-based receiver. The technology to do this existed in the 1940's.

Now for some technical jargon:
Propagation time to the Moon and back ranges from 2.4 to 2.7 seconds, with an average of 2.56 seconds (distance from earth to the moon is 384,400 km).
The Moon is nearly spherical, and its radius corresponds to about 5.8 milliseconds of wave travel time. The trailing parts of an echo, reflected from irregular surface features near the edge of the lunar disk, are delayed from the leading edge by as much as twice this value.

If you want to read more about it just google it.

The method using mirrors might be a lot more accurate but when calculating distance, but also would allow for more precision calculations regarding rotation and studying the gravitational forces.

Nice video by the way, but the entire thing is still a rabbit hole for me. I'm doubtful if we will ever know the entire truth of it all.

People think computing was very primitive back in the 1960's. Then I show them this video...
Watch at 1:30 onward.

Qube

From this video 'Astronaut' Don Pettit admits NASA can't return to the moon because they destroyed the technology?

So one of the most technological achievements of mankind was not preserved in any shape or form?. It was just randomly destroyed?. I'm not convinced either way if we went to the moon or not. It's a fascinating subject from both perspectives.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

MagosDomina

Here is an earlier video from 1963.

Naughty Alien

..NASA trickery is all over the place..almost every direction you take, from science part of what they claim, up to provided evidence(images and videos), its all full of issues..i mean, look at this official NASA 'shots' of mother earth..same object, same or almost same angle, huge huge difference..

..i mean..look at these and please dont tell me its okay...its totally NOT okay..but hey..NASA says its fine..

Madjack

Quote from: Naughty Alien on December 03, 2018, 01:19:16
..NASA trickery is all over the place..almost every direction you take, from science part of what they claim, up to provided evidence(images and videos), its all full of issues..i mean, look at this official NASA 'shots' of mother earth..same object, same or almost same angle, huge huge difference..

..i mean..look at these and please dont tell me its okay...its totally NOT okay..but hey..NASA says its fine..

Come on NA, even a moment's bit of googling would bring up the following about the 2012 image;
'The camera on board Suomi NPP can only photograph small sections of Earth at a time, so the image you see here is actually something of a mosaic'

About the 2002 image:
'Using a collection of satellite-based observations, scientists and visualizers stitched together months of observations of the land surface, oceans, sea ice, and clouds into a seamless, true-color mosaic of every square kilometer (.386 square mile) of our planet. These images are freely available to educators, scientists, museums, and the public.' (note there's two views of the globe available).

So you're comparing two photo mosaics created by different techniques, ten years apart.
I'm not surprised they look different - they could said to be 'illustrative' but it's hardly a conspiracy to deceive.

Naughty Alien

..well..if technique of image capture results with such effect that is of such scale/proportions distortion, how anything for that matter can be taken as a relevant from this people...still photographs 70+ years old doesnt show any particular difference worth mentioning in size/proportion compared to latest state of the art cameras we have today, yes ?? But when scientific stuff is concerned, which should be as precise and accurate as it can be, then tolerance of such magnitude where same continent is more than 2 times bigger on same surface, is okay...

Also, provided explanation tells one thing more..its not image captured but rather composed image, basically a CGI..either way, it screams inconsistency of a monumental proportions, just like north america size on this image..

therevills

Quote from: Naughty Alien on December 03, 2018, 01:19:16

Sorry, you really need to try harder to convince me that NASA is making all this is up... where does it say that those two shots where taken at the same altitude to make a comparison statement etc, you are comparing apples and oranges.

OMG! America is huge in the first shot!  :P

therevills

Quote from: Qube on December 03, 2018, 00:04:19
From this video 'Astronaut' Don Pettit admits NASA can't return to the moon because they destroyed the technology?

The technology is gone/old, but not the knowledge... it'll cost a bomb to rebuild and go back, that's where SpaceX comes in with reusable rockets :)

GaborD

Well, they did announce that they want to do new moon missions, with the help of private companies. A logical first step towards Mars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2TfS_ckxjA

Madjack

Quote from: GaborD on December 03, 2018, 11:13:28
Well, they did announce that they want to do new moon missions, with the help of private companies. A logical first step towards Mars.

They've had the wind put up them by private ventures and possibly Chinese space developments and goals.

For decades its been cancelled projects and shifting priorities - its been almost seven years since the space shuttle undertook its last mission.

peteswansen

just to be clear....."rockets" only boost payloads, satellites, and space vehicles-(capsules, orbital ships, and some day planet landing missions) out of the Earths gravity field.