How to use BMK with MacOS terminal?

Started by Yellownakji, November 28, 2018, 06:42:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellownakji

I'd like to use BMK's makemods operation, however i can't see to get it with MacOS?   In windows, i just go to my blitzmax/bin directory in CMD then go about calling bmk with the parameters i require;  I can seem to do so in OSX?   I'm pretty dumb in terms of how mac operates as i primarily use Windows/HaikuOS.

So in terminal, i do:

CD /Applications
cd blitzmax/bin
bmk

> command not found.

What am i doing wrong?  Can somebody point me in the right direction?  I need to use the -i flag.

Brucey

Hallo,

You need to prefix your command with dot-slash, because the bin folder is not on the PATH.
so...
./bmk makemods -a pub
.. to rebuild Pub modules, for example.

Yellownakji

Quote from: Brucey on November 28, 2018, 07:11:56
Hallo,

You need to prefix your command with dot-slash, because the bin folder is not on the PATH.
so...
./bmk makemods -a pub
.. to rebuild Pub modules, for example.

Hi, Brucey.  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly; I appreciate it.    I just want to check before hand:

I did add PPC BMK (and renamed it to BMK_PPC) in \bin.   Will -i still generate PPC editions? is that still supported?

I noticed in your cross compile notes, you wrote:

This option enables Universal building on x86 Mac systems. Using this option will generate both PPC and x86 modules. When use with the makeapp option, it will create a Universal binary (note : you must have built modules using this option previously for this to work).

You will need a copy of bcc from a PPC BlitzMax distribution. Rename it to bcc_ppc, and copy it into your BlitzMax/bin folder.