Author Topic: Christmas lights  (Read 387 times)

Offline Qube

• Administrator
Re: Christmas lights
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2018, 10:33:40 PM »
Christmas is for fatso's like me. I don't care about lights, snow, whatever........Just bring on the turkey, gravy, roast potatoes and best of all me brussel sprouts.
Now we're talking!!! Bring on the super huge belly busting Christmas dinner followed by night time TV and loads of turkey sandwiches ;D
Until the next time...

Offline Xerra

• Retro Evolved
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2018, 11:34:00 PM »
Christmas is for fatso's like me. I don't care about lights, snow, whatever........Just bring on the turkey, gravy, roast potatoes and best of all me brussel sprouts.
Now we're talking!!! Bring on the super huge belly busting Christmas dinner followed by night time TV and loads of turkey sandwiches ;D

But you can keep the brussel sprouts. Always hated them <shudder>

Online Steve Elliott

• You secure that shit Hudson!!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 12:56:35 AM »
They get a bad rap (like so many vegetables) because people over cook them into a mush!
Windows 10, 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb)

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 02:34:35 AM »
They get a bad rap (like so many vegetables) because people over cook them into a mush!
I love sprouts when they are cooked properly, or should I say roasted and not the boiled mush that a lot of people shovel out. I don't even mind the boiled version either so long as they are soft and not just full of water ( mush ).
Until the next time...

Offline RemiD

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 08:45:08 PM »
an old demo that i made in february 2016 : (with blitzbasic lights + snow falling + snow accumulating)

http://rd-stuff.fr/snowfall-snowaccumulation-demo-20160226.png
http://rd-stuff.fr/snowfall-snowaccumulation-demo-20160226-EXE.7z
the cool thing was that the texture of a snowflake is a filtered texel (because of bilinear filtering), applied on a quad, and when it touches the terrain, the snowflake (textured quad) is deleted, and the texel on the terrain is painted in white, and appears exactly the same ! (because the texels on the texture of the terrain are filtered texels of the same size than the snowflake which is textured by a filtered texel of the same size...)

the scene is simple, but the effect is cool nonetheless. 8)