What 3D Engine are people using now?

Started by Amon, November 10, 2018, 07:19:25

Previous topic - Next topic

MagosDomina

Where can I download protean? I like using Ideal but I wouldn't mind trying out another.

Blitz3d is still my favorite because of how simple it is. But I am starting to dabble with AGK and also a Liberty basic as possible replacements.

MrmediamanX

blitz3d granted I have a ton of other engines and SDK's .... blitz3d is just one of those tools which is interesting to push 'coding wise' in ways unintended.
It's a thing that doe's when it don't..

Santiago

Blitz3D, my one and only love. like leaving las vegas.

i try others, 20 minutes and bored, i born with commodore 64c.

i try Unity, Lumberyard, Leadwerks, Crye, bla bla bla, but, no one make me feel like Blitz.

B3d y fast, to create, to compile, to test, is good to make good quality works, is stable at 100%, and no have limits than dx7 :p

i know, this is and old topic.... but now i trying to communicate with this community :) so.. B3d allways!

GrindalfGames

I don't see any reason that DX7 would be dropped anytime soon

3DzForMe

Still Blitz3D here, albeit sporadically these days.... :o
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Derron

Reminds me at someone who blamed this summer that my game (TVTower) did not work anymore under his Windows 2000 - and that I disabled DX7. Needed to build with 32bit legacy to satisfy this particular user.

bye
Ron

Amanda Dearheart

I have recently added Godot to my list of 3D engines to develop with.
After Unity and Lumberyard it is my 3rd choice for x-platform development!
I'll use Torque and 3D Gamestudio, as well as Blitz3D for Windows only games.

As a general note to all Blitz3d users wanting a more powerful version of Blitz3d.  Look at Cerberus-X.
It is not a direct successor to B3d, but since it was programmed by Mr. Sibly as well as MonkeyX and MOnkey2, it has severla of the features you guys are craving for in an updaed version of B3d.  Of course for 3D support, you need to add the Vortex module to it to create 3D scenes.

@MadJack

Cerberus X supports DX9 and if I'm not mistaken DX11 as well.  I'm not sure about physics.

@ RemiD

What engine is Bobysait working on?  Is he still working on it?  Is there a website I can log in to see a demo?

@cOd3r9

CerX definitely expands on the B3d language. Its OOP functionality has been vastly improved over B3d.  I like it, b3ecasue you can now add Methods (embedded functions) to Types.  Give it a try!
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

Derron

Cerberus X is a fork of the open sourced and left dying Monkey X. Meanwhile MikeHart and some fellow coders enhanced it more and more while also fixing stuff.
So it is not another option _next_ to Monkey X but almost _the_ option to choose if your initial choice fell to Monkey X.

bye
Ron

Amon

I loved Monkey-X. It pretty did everything I needed. TheRevills and, I forget his name, had the diddy framework which was an absolute beast of a framework. It had everything from object pooling, Tiled map loading, delta timers, helper functions for pretty much everything. The community was thriving and people were having fun. I'm not sure why it was killed off but it was a sad day when it was.

Pfaber11

I'm using AGK2 and think it's pretty awesome . Been using it about 18 months and before that Blitz3d which I wrote a couple of programs with but found AGK more to my liking . Had a go at python for a month or two and although it was not too bad to learn I felt more comfortable with AGK and if you want to write 3d games then Panda 3d  is a must in python and I did not want to invest the time in that. Python is also pretty slow and as far as creating moving 2d graphics using pygame it was not nearly as smooth as AGK2 . So there you go . That's what I'm using.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

Naughty Alien

..me slowly rediscovering Pure basic, and it feels very much as NB/NF...so far, i like it..

Amanda Dearheart

@Darron

Could you be a bit more explanatory when you claim that Cerberus X is not another option than B3d.
Prepare to be assimilated !  Resistance is futile!

Derron

I did not say that.

Cerberus is based on Monkey X. Monkey-X is no longer developed or maintained. Cerberus still receives updates and enhancements. So if you chose Monkey-X you should better try to move on to Cerberus-X now.

Bye
Ron

Steve Elliott

The only thing Pure BASIC shares with Nuclear BASIC is lightening fast logic and 2D speed.  For 3D it has Ogre3D bolted on, rather than it's own fast engine like Nuclear BASIC did - and the syntax is horrible in Pure BASIC!  Nuclear BASIC was superb; a real shame it died.  It was far better than Blitz3D too, by quite a margin.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

MikeHart

Quote from: Derron on August 30, 2019, 10:41:26
I did not say that.

Cerberus is based on Monkey X. Monkey-X is no longer developed or maintained. Cerberus still receives updates and enhancements. So if you chose Monkey-X you should better try to move on to Cerberus-X now.

Bye
Ron

That would be a reasonable choice.