Hello, Is there someone from the blitz community?

Started by Santiago, November 09, 2018, 16:21:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Santiago

hello!!

Since I went down the blitz3d site I had not communicated with anyone until now of the community.

I never knew where the new meeting place was, I hope this is it, I personally continue to schedule on Blitz3d, and I'm about to launch a great game, I say that it's been many years of development.

Blitz never ceases to amaze me, and I hope to show with this game that Blitz continues and will continue to be.

I started the project in 2011, as always, doing it without a dime and everything on my own, I'm very happy to be launching it

I'll be attentive to the forum, are there people from the old blitz forum? I hope so, and I send you a great greeting!

Santiago Gonzalez
www.indiesoft.com.ar

Steve Elliott

There's a few people from the Blitz Community here, welcome.   :)

I do remember your boat sim, it looks good.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Matty

I remember you Santiago - you made a lot of very, very good looking demos in years gone by.

Naughty Alien

..hello man..yes, i remember this game as well...i think there are many blitzers here so you are at right place.. and welcome.. :)

RemiD

Hello Santiago,

I remember your game, keep trying man :)

PS : if you still use blitz3d, you may want to read about the directplay fix for Windows 8 and Windows 10 (search on the forum)

Santiago

Hi all!
excellent to find everyone who also remember them.

Because my English is a bit limited, especially to express myself, I never communicated much in the forums, but they were very useful to use Blitz.

I was looking in the forum about the Directplay solution, but I did not find the specific post.

I can tell you that yesterday with Charrua, we could realize that the Millisecs () function gave negative value, and that caused me problems in some Windows 10 computers. Fortunately, it was easy to solve.

Function mimillisecs ()
Return (MilliSecs () And $ 7FFFFFFF)
End Function

my biggest limitation nowadays, is that blitz can not use realistic water shaders with mesh subdivision.

Except for that, to develop games on my own, I still love blitz like the first day.

I'm going to try to change my attitude and start sharing a little more what I do, so count on me to keep all this moving.

I'm glad to meet all of you.

My English does not improve! but the google translator if :)

Matty

Re English-my personal experience-I work with non native speakers often and most people are patient and accept mistakes are made. You and others who speak more than one language should be celebrated for that-unlike people like me who know only one language.

RemiD

I was looking in the forum about the Directplay solution, but I did not find the specific post.
basically, on Windows 8 and Windows 10, when a user runs an executable made with Blitz3d, it will show an error "0xc0000022" message, this is because directplay is not installed / activated and needs to be installed / activated

however, to prevent this, you just need to add the directplay dll with your executable (so game.exe and dplayx.dll in the same directory)
you can download dplayx.dll, online, or here :
rd-stuff.fr/directplay-dll-(5.3.2600.5512).zip
(you can probably use others versions, but i have found this one which works well !)

3DzForMe

Hi Santiago, I remember your demos in blitz 3d, I'm still Blitzplotting ;) RemiD, thanks for the reminder about directplay.
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Santiago

hello, thank you RemiD, I managed to download the dll of some web, I'm going to try it to see that.

Greetings 3Dzforme! :)

3DzForMe

Welcome to the forum Santiago, great to have another B3D coded in the mix
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1