Tank Universal 2 trailer

Started by Madjack, November 08, 2018, 08:55:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Madjack

Currently in Steam Early Access, but set for release in early Feb 2019 (although it's feature complete and playable now - have chosen Feb as hopefully it's a quieter time release wise).
Coded in Nuclear Basic would you believe.

Add it to your wishlist now!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/523030/Tank_Universal_2/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI4F06YpdVo&feature=youtu.be

Steve Elliott

Cool, I'll be picking up a copy.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

blinkok

WOW! That looks stunning! Great work

Matty

It looks excellent. It deserves to do well.

Naughty Alien

..very well done...looks like some work did went in to this one..ill be getting copy for myself...congratulations man..

..as for Nuclear basic, thats no surprise for me..that thing is brutal...functions inside types, shaders, networking and so on..shame Matt let it at state it is now..

Madjack

NA

Yeah - damn shame about NB.

It's as fast as BlitzMax and has a staggering range of commands.

Unfortunately Matt stopped when it was solid enough such that it could have been marketed as a viable DX9 B3d alternative (most of B3d's commandset is recreated for example).
Instead rather than further developing the NB core, he burnt out trying to develop some sort of additional 'studio' app.

When I think about it, there's probably parallels there with Mark and B3d.

plenatus

As i remember NB could do dx11 too.Right.
And yes its a shame.
I owne Kune for NB too.Was a 2d lib.

Steve Elliott

As i remember NB could do dx11 too.Right.

Yes, that's right.

NB was fantastic and extremely fast (even on slow systems).  A real shame Matt abandoned it.
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

plenatus

In the deep of any drive i have a copy of it....maybe i grab it out and start some tests...
Some people asked matt if he could give us the sourcecode but he never answered...and was far away...

Naughty Alien

Quote from: c0d3r9 on November 09, 2018, 10:17:12
In the deep of any drive i have a copy of it....maybe i grab it out and start some tests...
Some people asked matt if he could give us the sourcecode but he never answered...and was far away...

..yes..i was one asking for source(NF/NB) and it was granted for me to have it, but for some reason i never got it..then Gabor wanted it as well, but same thing happen..one of the systems i feel sorry about more than for B3D..its just so fast and flexible to work with..

Madjack

NA

Keep in mind there was a final release where I paid Matt to fix a number of things.

plenatus

And now?
We have to pay to you? ;)

Madjack

No, no - I'm saying there's a version (NuclearBasic_RC8.05) that may not have gotten to most users at the time, although it was made available for registered NB owners after a time on the NG website.

I don't think it would be problem my supplying it to NB owners if requested.

Steve Elliott

No, no - I'm saying there's a version (NuclearBasic_RC8.05) that may not have gotten to most users at the time

I don't think it would be problem my supplying it to NB owners if requested.

I didn't get the latest version, and I wouldn't mind a copy.  I owned NB and NF, but don't have either on my hard drive any longer.
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Naughty Alien

..at that time, i was using NF, and last version i have downloaded is 4.08..i do have NB license, or better say, i have purchased everything ever came from author, but im not sure about NB version i have..Mark at least released source for all of his work, so it can be updated as much as possible...shame NB/NF went under water without source given away to folks who wanted it..