Languages & Coding > Others

Amos 2 now in development

(1/4) > >>

Pakz:
Just found this on facebook. Amos 2 and stos 2 should be useable next year. The development of Amos 2 has started.

https://www.patreon.com/francoislionet?fbclid=IwAR2TqYw5xhm-nDrSlp0cjngJVEK4Ery37T1AkmWoouEjXGYQggZrFu3GWK8

peteswansen:
Good News! On his Patreon site he says he will "of course" develop AMOS 3D along with the new AMOS 2.. 

Qube:
I was excited until I read it was aimed at Javascript / HTML5. Why oh why relaunch something as iconic as AMOS but make it web only?

Steve Elliott:

--- Quote ---I was excited until I read it was aimed at Javascript / HTML5. Why oh why relaunch something as iconic as AMOS but make it web only?

--- End quote ---

Yes I quite liked how easy it was to get things done in STOS back in the day, but AGK 2 is the modern day version that isn't limited to web only.

Xerra:
Loved the original Amos - especially when Amos Pro came out. One of my first properly completed games was written with it. I always thought it was called Amos as a play on Amiga OS , like Stos was Atari ST OS. Can see why they wouldn't change the name as it wouldn't be a spiritual successor then.

Agree that having it just for web is just rubbish, too. AGK is the proper new Amos really anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version