Blitzmax & macOS Mojave

Started by sonic, October 14, 2018, 14:17:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Elliott

Timeshift didn't work, I really don't know why my linux system seems to have become unstable...I'm really fed up with it all to be honest.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Yellownakji

Maybe in 20 years, we will move to Haiku OS or ReactOS  :P

Qube

@Steve Elliot - Part of my job is remote support and diagnostics so if you want I'll be more than happy to arrange a time to remote access your Linux and see if I can sort out your issue? - If you're interested then PM me your number and a time to call :)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

I repeat myself a 3rd time (or maybe Qube can "extract" these posts into a new thread to not further derail them): open up a new thread to keep stuff clean here.

@ Qube
So you call people that they have an infected computer and you have work for MS and are now trying to help via remote control ? ;-)

I assume that the binary blob for his NVidia card freaked out and this leads to problems - maybe try the open source drivers first? Or if you used the FOSS ones, use the binary blob from the chip vendor.

I am still on Mint 18 and for now  do not intend to upgrade.

$ inxi -F
System:    Host: RonnyPC Kernel: 4.10.0-38-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3
           Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GK106 [GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost]
           Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau)
           Resolution: 1920x1200@59.95hz, 1280x1024@60.02hz

As you see I am using nvidia (binary blob) rather than nouveau (foss).

bye
Ron

Steve Elliott

I'll have a look at your suggestions when I'm in a better mood for tech problems Derron.  And thanks - you too Qube.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Qube

Quote@ Qube
So you call people that they have an infected computer and you have work for MS and are now trying to help via remote control ? ;-)
A small part of what I do is remote support and my LogMeIn account has over 300 PC's on it spanned across various companies. Why is that odd?
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Derron

Was just kidding about these "I am an MS employer and your computer is infected, we can repair it if you do this and that"-dudes trying to install crap on your computer.

@ Steve
Yes you can (come back to us when in the right mood).

bye
Ron

Brucey

Quote from: Qube on December 05, 2018, 19:37:34
An Apple developer account to sign apps is free and the upcoming "notarized" apps is also a free service which automatically scans your app and marks it as clean.
Cool. Do you have a link which provides more information, please?

As far as I can see, to get a certificate you need to be signed up to the program.

Thanks.

Qube

QuoteWas just kidding about these "I am an MS employer and your computer is infected, we can repair it if you do this and that"-dudes trying to install crap on your computer.
Lol, I get you now. I read your post half asleep and totally missed what you were getting at :P

Quote from: Brucey on December 06, 2018, 14:42:24
Quote from: Qube on December 05, 2018, 19:37:34
An Apple developer account to sign apps is free and the upcoming "notarized" apps is also a free service which automatically scans your app and marks it as clean.
Cool. Do you have a link which provides more information, please?

As far as I can see, to get a certificate you need to be signed up to the program.

Thanks.
Ah, looks like I was a little misleading with what I said. Apparently from Xcode 7 you could sign for free but the big gotcha here is that the certificate only last a week before expiring, so kinda pointless for any real world sharing of your app. The notarized service which will be enforced in future iterations of MacOS is a free service. I've always had a full developer account so never came across the week expiring on the free developer ID account :(

Until the next time.

Derron

Are you allowed to have "build bots" using your developer account? That way you could "share" your credentials indirectly allowing for signed apps (of course this only should be done for "trustworthy apps" or in a "open way" so people know that it is not _your_ app but a "from my build bot" app).

@ fee
Maybe raise some money from the NG-Mac-users - seems you do not have a reason to be an official mac-dev for other stuff, so it's $99 just for NG and I think it's ok to at least ask the (very small) community to donate some bucks - if they are interested in the benefits they get with it.
Are there ways around it? How do other compiler chains do it?

bye
Ron

Qube

QuoteAre you allowed to have "build bots" using your developer account? That way you could "share" your credentials indirectly allowing for signed apps (of course this only should be done for "trustworthy apps" or in a "open way" so people know that it is not _your_ app but a "from my build bot" app).
You are allowed to assign team members within your account so I assume you could crowd fund a full developer account for sharing.

Until the next time.

Derron

Maybe offer to make brucey a team member of yours? (Dunno what inflictions/side-effects it has for the "account owner")

bye
Ron

MickMuze

Hey, I'm new to these forums and community really. Have been working on an RPG in my spare time for years now in Blitzmax and am trying to launch NG on Mojave. I seen Brucey wrote that you can launch it from the terminal? I don't know much about the terminal but attempted to launch it by entering "open /Applications/BlitzMax/MaxIDE.app". Get the same error. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it impossible to launch until the app is signed?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. I just would really love to continue work on this passion project of mine. Thanks.

Derron

Somewhere he stated that you have to run the exact binary ("maxide.app" is a folder with some stuff in it).

bye
Ron

MickMuze

There is a folder called maxide. There are no folders called maxide.app. I've had no luck finding a binary to launch in the terminal :(

I would be one Mac user willing to chip in to get this signed.