50 million Facebook accounts hacked.

Started by Amon, September 30, 2018, 21:01:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Amon

I'd love to see FaceBook fold. I can't stand what it does to peoples minds.

meems

we've debated this b4. The rise of social media has changed people, and in some measurable way for the better. Marriage vs divorce rates have been improving since women splash their family life on their fb page. Wife family pride\competition vs friends and neigbours families was for a long time a cement that helped keep family together. It was damaged with the rise of feminazism telling wives to rebel against their husbands. Social media has been a blessing for many families. I think many kids owe their 2 parent upbringing to fb and similar social media.

google and statistics agencies seemed loathed to publish the latest marriage vs divorce rates. Its long been known that governments and big business profit more when families break up. most of google image hits have truncated charts showing up to around 2000, b4 social media had any effect on family life.

Pingus

... or it could be that time is tough considering the financial crisis of 2008 and increasing costs of almost everything, hence people are somehow 'forced' to live together for economical reasons.
Also the overal number of marriages shall be taken in account. If it is decreasing (which is the case in france), then the decrease of divorces is also logical.

meems

According to that theory, the divorce rate should be twice as high now since the economy is twice as strong as it was at the 2008 'economic crisis'. But it isn't. You could have checked yourself easier than writing out your last post.
btw the 2008 'economic crisis' was not much noticed by most of the uk economy. Banks were just popping the ridiculous financial speculation in US mortgages at the time.

>Also the overall number of marriages shall be taken in account.
It already has been. Check my 1st graph. It's divorce rate vs marriages, not an absolute count of divorces. Did you take that into account?

Pingus

I'm not an economist, so please forgive me if that question seems naive : Are you sure that the FTSE 250 has any relationship to what people earn and what people have to pay each month ? After a quick search I did not found any statistic linking that two values from 2000 until today.
There are statistics for the gross domestic product but this is not what I'm looking for. I mean the gdp is not a good indicator for what remain in people's pocket after they have paid all their taxes and other domestic expanses. That said I don't know if facebook has, or has not changed the marriage/divorce ratio, maybe, maybe not, my point was just to say that there are other much bigger factors than facebook use.

meems

yes. stock\share prices are a good proxy for how much cash the common person has to spend. At least in a well developed country like the UK. It means there is plenty of hot cash in the economy flowing around - that businesses and people are spending.
There are some fantastic paying jobs in the UK right now. One of them is  contract work for Senior Programmer - the going rate is £500 a day!

cpsmith0191

Couple of points, your graph shows divorce rates per 1000 people married , not as implied divorce V marriage rates. You give no source for your data..
To say divorce rates went up due to feminism is not supportable, the same logic could be used to say that divorce rates went up due to global warming or the rise in money supply or the reduction in the increase of greenhouse gas emissions. You are simply linking two events without any demonstration of there interdependency.
My memory tells me many women were getting their heads kicked in with society turning a blind eye if it went on inside marriage. The ability of women to escape violence within the home, may have been aided by feminism. But I suspect that what society considers acceptable may have more to do with it, just like violence associated with drinking/sport. It is no longer the norm to get tanked up then go to a match for a fight/riot, its no longer the norm to batter people less able to defend themselves, ie women.
As an aside we've been married for over 35 years but don't believe in marriage, we did it to stop her parents fretting after we had lived together for several years. Have fun cps

Pingus

I'm glad to read that stock cash reflect the earnings in UK. It seems not the same in france. Below a graph that shows the evolution of  'purchasing power' in france :

https://www.insee.fr/fr/statistiques/2385829

Does not seem to increase that much to say the least, and 2008 crisis is very well visible. That said stock shares increased a LOT in france since few years. But I do not have the feeling that 'real' people had any benefits from that. The good old 'runoff theory' from liberals is just a scam.

ENAY

I'd love facebook to fold, as it's helping to destroy humankind. No facebook for me, or smartphone either.

I watched this movie a few months ago, 5 million views now. Former creators of facebook and twitter slagging off their platforms and saying how dangerous they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39RS3XbT2pU

meems

>your graph shows divorce rates per 1000 people married , not as implied divorce V marriage rates.
Correct, but if u had experience with half life analysis u might have been aware that rate vs quantity is a better measure in a dynamic rate system, rate vs rate is only a best measure in a static rate system.

You give no source for your data..
Are you sure?

To say divorce rates went up due to feminism is not supportable
That's a very final statement. Been working on this for a long time? Exhausted every possible way to connect the two? Written a research entitled " there is no conceivable way to link feminism to divorce rates known to man - 25 years of exhaustive research " ? Well in that case phone Cambridge physics department, u might have discovered a new law of nature along side the 1st law of thermodynamics.

Quotethe same logic could be used to say that divorce rates went up due to global warming or the rise in money supply or the reduction in the increase of greenhouse gas emissions. You are simply linking two events without any demonstration of there interdependency.
Correlation is a necessary but not sufficient corollary of causation. It's a good 1st step to evidencing causation. I wonder if u can acknowledge this. Your dismissive tone makes it sound like correlation is falsification. It isn't. I wonder if u can acknowledge this.
Also, use a bit of common sense. If you've red any of the history, roots and utility of feminism you'll see its designed to divide men and women. Society isn't a blackbox so you're disingenuous to apply only blackbox deductive reasoning. We can see what's going on inside society.

>My memory tells me many women were getting their heads kicked in with society turning a blind eye if it went on inside marriage. The ability of women to escape violence within the home, may have been aided by feminism.

Ah, so that's why u chivalrously jumped to the defense of feminism and threw calm reasoning under the bus. Because there are some alleged good bits to feminism. But really, we didn't need feminism for saving people from violence. Correctly upholding humans rights would do it. Men have always been the primary victims of violence. Where is masculinism when we need it more than feminism to curb violence?

cpsmith0191

Opps! didn't read the small print at foot of table, so it's true divorce rates by this measure are going down. As for this measure being more applicable to dynamic systems, I'm not sure but can see the logic of it. My point was that the stated measure wasn't one of divorce rates V marriage rates.
Your theory that divorce rates rose due to feminism and have fallen due to facebook underming feminism, is not supported by the graph. The graph only shows what it shows. As pointed out any number of trends could be assosiated with the trend shown, but without supporting evidence there is no case for your statement as there is no case for my statement that divorce rates are linked to global warming (inversly).
I agree that human rights should cover all these issues but feminism highlights the lack of human rights for some women in some environments something that main stream society failed to do. The need for presure groups for the promotion of the rights of many groups of people could be accomplished by an application of basic human rights, failing to do this has caused the groups to be created. (IE black  rights, muslim rights, anti-semitism, LGBT rights etc etc). The point I was making about my own situation was to show that marriage and divorce are subject to a wide number of factors, trying to pin the trend on a single factor is in my view wrong.
Men have been the primary victims of violence in lists compliled by (in the main) men, that exclude many victims of violence. Just look at the monuments for the fallen in WW2, no lists of the many millions of women dying as a ressult of the war, but many lists of men killed by the war. So very pleased to have a civilised disagreement on the internet, have fun cps.

Kryzon

Quote from: ENAY on October 04, 2018, 03:35:06
I watched this movie a few months ago, 5 million views now. Former creators of facebook and twitter slagging off their platforms and saying how dangerous they are.
I'd feel less suspicious of these people if I knew that they donated to charity all the money they made while working on those platforms.
Otherwise it's like trying to have your cake and eat it too. They make the platform, get loads of cash and when they're "done" they go on this "ooh we did terrible things there" campaign so they're not accountable for what they did.