[WIP] TankMania - Syntax Bomb Game Competition Sept to Oct 2018

Started by Qube, September 15, 2018, 02:12:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

Quote from: RemiD on October 20, 2018, 19:30:56
@Qube>>cool game, nice fire effect. can you explain how it works ? is this a ready to use lib ? not sure if it is supposed to go through walls or if there is a collision detection system which works with it ? (to prevent the fire to go through walls)
Thanks. The fire effect is part of an explosions pack ( 3D particles ) which comes with 13 different effects which you can tweak to how to want. You could spend hours and hours creating one decent effect but for the price and variety in the pack I thought it's a bargain as it's something that will get used many times.

Ideally the fire particles should not go through walls and I believe it's just a case of changing the dampening on collision. It was on my list to look into but ran out of time as over the last couple of day in the comp I changed the HUD to be less wordy and tweaked the game play of the levels.

Of course one thing I forgot to do at the end was reduce the texture sizes as every single model has a 2048x2048 texture, grr.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

RemiD

having the choice to use all the libs / assets of the Unity store is a great advantage indeed.