There Goes A Tenner - Sept Competition entry

Started by iWasAdam, September 06, 2018, 11:22:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Derron

@ move dog
Why not have him "chase" you - but keep one grid cell behind? This way you could move into a room (two grid cells next to the door), on your move out you could close the door (dog still one grid cell in the room). Room = noise * 0.5.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

All Development halted until OpenGL errors can be sorted  :-[

Derron

Be honest... you like that ;-)
Ok... you like that as long fixing is done pretty quick and kind of satisfying.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

No... it's nothing straightforward  :(

It's the entire OpenGL subsystem. I have to work out where it's going wrong and what's going wrong.

The only good thing I have going is I have the 2d operational (dan't ask me how, it just is), but only when overlaid with my 3d and only then in one app - all other 2d apps are completely borked!  :o

So it looks like I will first have to get all the 2d stuff operational... then move onto the 3d stuff.

iWasAdam

Step 1 sorted. I've got all the 2d operational with minimal changes.

Class MyWindow Extends GLWindow

instead of

Class MyWindow Extends Window

Next step is to trace the 3d OpenGL from start and see if I can find the fault...

iWasAdam

hmmmmmmmmmmmm  :(

without any further help I think 'that' time has arrived... Brand new cross platform language hunt!

Qube

Quote from: iWasAdam on September 26, 2018, 06:56:02
hmmmmmmmmmmmm  :(

without any further help I think 'that' time has arrived... Brand new cross platform language hunt!
Are you thinking about ditching Monkey2? - What was the issue? :o
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

iWasAdam

MacOS Mojave released yesterday. OpenGL gone bang big time! I've already fixed the 2d, but 3d is now seriously borked!  :'(

TBH I really like the language and (my) the editor, but I think the time has come to look elsewhere especially as OpenGL id being depreciated, I need to move forward at some stage (or just never use 3d again).

tried to look at blitzmax-ng - but there doesn't seem to be any place to actually download it in one piece. maybe unity or unreal - but I'm not too sure of the environments?

Or maybe something else - cerberous?

Steve Elliott

Apple fucking things up again by throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  ::)

but I think the time has come to look elsewhere

Yeah, buy a PC.  They just work lol.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

iWasAdam

So... Here' be the bones of 'There Goes A Tenner'  :(
A game killed before it's time.

I was keeping the actual look and operation secret. but now there is no need to as it wont be be finished.

So you can see it was 3d, with lighting and voxel style. Everything was fully operational.
The red circle is your detection monitor - when it was full the game would have been over
the ochre circle is how long it take to do anything. so opening doors, etc takes time.

You can see the bone being picked up and given to the dog to shut it up. and also moving furniture around causes sound which attracts the guards.

Qube

QuoteMacOS Mojave released yesterday. OpenGL gone bang big time!
Deprecated but not removed. I've not come across any OpenGL issues yet, but then again I don't use Monkey. I've not seen an OpenGL devastation with Mojave?

Quotetried to look at blitzmax-ng - but there doesn't seem to be any place to actually download it in one piece. maybe unity or unreal - but I'm not too sure of the environments?
If you want a pure coding environment then try AGK or Cerberus. Both are very capable but both also use OpenGL, which also currently works in Mojave.

QuoteApple fucking things up again by throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Of course Microsoft don't do this sort of thing with all their API updates? - Microsoft have screwed over users multiple times, just like Apple. The difference is that Apple has grown in popularity so has become the new target to bitch at. I keep it simple, I hate them all ;D
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Derron

@ cerberus
IWasAdam moved from monkey to monkey2 - cerberus is (in essence) monkey.

@ NG
I nagged Brucey multiple times to upload new releases (to help the masses :-)). Seems for Mac he needs some more time (for whatever reason).

Maybe rise an issue for m2 and check the changes/diff then (to backport to your m2-fork-thing) ?

bye
Ron

BasicBoy

Quote from: iWasAdam on September 26, 2018, 07:43:55

A pity, given how much time and energy you've already put into the project.

Qube

Quote from: iWasAdam on September 26, 2018, 07:43:55
If it's working as per the screen shot anim then what's stopping you finishing off the game?. It looks really good from what I can see :) - if there is an issue with Mojave then who cares? It's not even out yet.

Until the next time.

iWasAdam

oh, my dear Qube...  ;D
QuoteIf it's working as per the screen shot anim then what's stopping you finishing off the game?. It looks really good from what I can see :) - if there is an issue with Mojave then who cares? It's not even out yet.
The screenshot was what it looked like before Mojave
This is what it look like now (being compiled under Mojave)

Pssst....
Mojave was officially released yesterday.... Don't anyone tell Qube!  ???