There Goes A Tenner - Sept Competition entry

Started by iWasAdam, September 06, 2018, 11:22:14

Previous topic - Next topic

iWasAdam

mmm. let shift the movable objects from the lower map to the upper map. that way they can directly interact and not mess with the guards tracks - sorted :)

Now I need to add a check to the guards that if they hit an object (in their way) then to reverse the direction. that should mean you could push (drop) objects into their path and stop them.... :)

Qube

Looking like a ZX Spectrum game  8) - Nowt wrong with that in my book  ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

iWasAdam

;D

Working on the 'rewind' function. It's gonna be called 'timeline':

There will be provision for 6 slices with less being available at first - unlocks

I thought that there would be some for of global 'timer' that will 'tick'. each tick being a slice of time on the timeline.
Time could possibly change depending on what is happening?
Or maybe you pick up a 'time' and set it with the UI showing what times have been set?

You press the 'time' button and the timeline appears and when it is pressed you left/right to pick the time you want

Just need to implement it now  ::)

Derron

If actions occupy different "time slots" then you need that information displayed somewhere ...

If you split time slots in "steps" and define "steps" as "actions" ("open lock") then... what about movement? What movement distances are "steps"?

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

iWasAdam

not quite sure how it will all operate, but looks like your hacked the central information server...

iWasAdam

and...

Somehow I don't think the system is going to let me in :(

Derron

Quote from: Derron on September 12, 2018, 07:15:56
If actions occupy different "time slots" then you need that information displayed somewhere ...

What I mean was:
"open lock" - "needs 2 time slots" (or 1 for the expert)
"move chair" - "needs 1 time slot" ...

If your actions take varying time, you need to inform the user about the actual value/time needed. If every action took one single time slot then... what about foot steps? Every movement a time slot? every grid moved a time slot ? ...

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

Got it sorted now with full error checking and a timer that makes it more of a challenge. If you don't solve it then you restart.
I also thought that the longer the chain, the better the information would be available (or something like that)

The checking also means that the reverse type of puzzles are also possible.
E.G. the path is already solved plus some extra tiles. These are all randomly rotated. with each click you can rotate a tile. there may be more than one way to solve it...

Either way I'm pleased with the retro DOS/Terminal look :)

BasicBoy

iWasAdam

iWasAdam

For todays pics of interest, I thought I'd show the current 2 fonts I created for the graphics.

The first one is the ascii set being used for the terminal. this is a 8x8 pixel character set:

The second one is all the graphics being used for the standard blueprint overhead map. This is a 16x16 pixel character set:

You can also see that both character sets are essentially mono, the colors being app driven at runtime.

Steve Elliott

Either way I'm pleased with the retro DOS/Terminal look :)

Yes, I like that - very authentic.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

iWasAdam

Got the 3rd game variant sorted:

This one gives you two nodes that you must try and connect. You do this by rotating the tiles. and there is a countdown just to make things a bit more tense...

Back to the main game code I think ?

iWasAdam

Hard... Hard...!  >:(

Not sure If I will finish this one...