There Goes A Tenner - Sept Competition entry

Started by iWasAdam, September 06, 2018, 11:22:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Derron

Mojave surely has some bugs:

"Nothing renders when the program loads. It only starts working when moving the window a first time."
https://github.com/Schmavery/reprocessing/issues/117

So ..... did you move/resize the window already? ;-)

Can't you debug the opengl-calls? So to see where things "stop working"?
What happens if you draw some simple polygons? In other words: find what is borking up the whole thing. Maybe you are doing something "oddly" and this leads now to an error instead of just warnings in the background.

bye
Ron

iWasAdam

great thought - just tried it :(

Interesting notes:
compiled on Mojave - black screen
compiled on high sierra - work on both!

Now. the interesting stuff is that all the 2d is also 3d (don't ask). and I worked out how to get that operational.

I'm going to try and reverse engineer Marks core code and see if I can find a different approach - can I'm not expecting him to come up with anything - anytime soon...

I have a feeling it's probably something to do with the way he mangles the screens/canvas and shaders. TBH if I could get to a stripped down version then I would be happier :)

Derron

So compiler matters? -> XCode changes

bye
Ron

Qube

Pssst....
Mojave was officially released yesterday.... Don't anyone tell Qube!  ???
Lol, didn't know :P I've been so engrossed in doing my game I've missed the latest apple must have updates :P - I tried the beta a few weeks ago on an external drive and everything worked ok but I'll not upgrade until I've taken a full mirror backup of my main drive + waited to see if there's any killer bugs that's need patching.

Hope you can find the Monkey bug as it'd be a shame to give up on your game. Personally I'd complete it in High Sierra and sort the bug out afterwards as this comp allows a week to submit bug fixes + 99% of users will be playing the windows version.

Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Steve Elliott

Personally I'd complete it in High Sierra and sort the bug out afterwards as this comp allows a week to submit bug fixes + 99% of users will be playing the windows version.

This.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

iWasAdam

unfortunately. can't go back....

but vague progress...

This is actually drawing in 3d and the correct positions. so I've found an entry point! sloooow progress