Can I advertise to sell a MAME arcade machine here?

Started by col, August 30, 2018, 18:55:40

Previous topic - Next topic

col

@Qube

What are the rules for advertising a MAME arcade machine on these here forums? Yes or No?

I thought of the folks here as I know quite a few of us are retro nuts :)

Cheers!
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

Qube

If it's not illegal then sure, go for it :)

If members can make money via this site then feel free. No issues from my side ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

col

QuoteIf it's not illegal then sure
Thank you, that's great, but I obviously don't have rights for the 15000+ ROMs that came installed on it already.
MAME, Sega Saturn, Sega Mega Drive, Atari console, 8bit original Nintendo. Lol, That list was from memory and they are actually MAME, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Atari 2600, Atari Lynx, plus some Daphne laser disc games :-X

Hmm, is it still OK? If not then I'm sure someone could PM me if they are interested.
I have 2 months to get rid of it as I'm moving to Asia - I don't fancy walking through customs/immigration  with a full size arcade cabinet as part of my luggage :D

Qube

I would say that as you are not licensed for the ROMS then best not to. However as you've already mentioned it then if anyone is interested then they can PM you but SyntaxBomb is nothing to do with it, no sir, not us! :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Kryzon

So you're moving to Asia? Tell us more about that.

ENAY

Moving to Asia? Are you coming to join me in Japan?
I'd love that arcade machine from you, except I have no space, not even enough space to bring in the JAMMA PC boards that I already own in England :/

col

QuoteSyntaxBomb is nothing to do with it, no sir, not us!
That's more than fair enough! I appreciate that you didn't delete the post after I mentioned the number of ROMS  :))

QuoteSo you're moving to Asia? Tell us more about that.
QuoteMoving to Asia? Are you coming to join me in Japan?

I'll be closer to Naughty Alien actually - next door to Malaysia... in Singapore.
However I'm sure a vacation to Japan could be arranged once I'm settled in ;D

I've visited a number of the countries on the continent now for vacation ( and the islands too... words can not do justice for them - just amazing!) and have a long list of places on my 'vacation list' still to visit in that area.

Fortunately I can keep working for my current employer ( one of the beauties of working in some areas of IT eh ;) ) so I decided to move to Singapore where my girlfriend currently lives and works, she's in IT too. I do love Thailand too - and on my salary I could live like a king there (figuratively speaking of course haha)

Quoteexcept I have no space
Do you live in one of those 'micro hotels'? They are craaazy small!