July 19, 2019, 03:37:14 AM

Author Topic: Van Tourisimo - Retro Game competition entry  (Read 6159 times)

Offline Steve Elliott

Re: Van Tourisimo - Retro Game competition entry
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2018, 07:45:36 PM »
Just in time for the weekend - thanks!   :D
Windows 10, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb).
MacOS Mojave, 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB.
Linux Mint 19.1, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb).
Raspbian Buster, pi4 4Gb RAM,1.5Ghz

Offline STEVIE G

« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2018, 08:35:54 PM »

Have you had this multiplayer weekend yet or is that still to come?

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2018, 11:02:44 PM »
Cool, new update to have a razz on *beep* *beep*.. Plus a rule break after the comp, nice touch :P

Also to let you know that the 1st place prize has been sent via PayPal as have all three places :)
Until the next time...

Offline LineOf7s

• LineOf7s Entertainment
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2018, 11:54:40 PM »

Actually, that was me and it was last week.  The Stevie G part of the day was limited to Microsprint, but after a couple of warm-up races to get used to the idea we spent the next couple of hours getting more and more competitive, tweaking wing settings and pit-stop strategies.  It was quite the hit, and sure to feature next time we spend a day local multiplaying.  The three biggest hits of the day would have been Rocket League, Pacman 256 and Microsprint.  So now you know the company you keep.  :)

Offline STEVIE G

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2018, 09:11:42 AM »

Actually, that was me and it was last week.  The Stevie G part of the day was limited to Microsprint, but after a couple of warm-up races to get used to the idea we spent the next couple of hours getting more and more competitive, tweaking wing settings and pit-stop strategies.  It was quite the hit, and sure to feature next time we spend a day local multiplaying.  The three biggest hits of the day would have been Rocket League, Pacman 256 and Microsprint.  So now you know the company you keep.  :)

Always good to hear about.  ;D  I've played it every week since release with mates, 2 x Wii adapters and 4 x Nunchucks for that authentic Skalextrix feel.  We play the partygames - Quick Race / Elimination / Zoned out and Speed Freak over 10 random tracks.  Competitive doesn't come close and I doubt anyone could beat our best lap times.  I've continued to add new tracks and other bits and bobs like storing the top 5 laps for each track and occasionally coding the odd glaringly obvious cheat like doubling my acceleration and halving everyone else's  or removing everyone's traction when I hit a button :P

Offline STEVIE G

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2018, 02:18:08 PM »
I was a bit bored waiting on the next comp so did one final update to this.  :D

* 4 new tracks, giving a total of 20.
* Flipped versions (reflected on x axis) of normal / reverse track direction can now be selected in the Options menu.  See NORMAL X and REVERSE X. 
   This gives a total of 80 tracks for more variety.
* Minor reordering of some tracks, you now start on tracks 1,3,5, .. 15 rather than 1,2,3, .. 8.  This allows you to race the new tracks without winning 9 races first.
* Movement can be changed to Per Pixel in the Options menu.  This is on by default and makes movement much smoother in higher resolutions. 
* Scores now flash if you've reached the leaderboard.

https://stevieg.itch.io/van-tourisimo

Offline iWasAdam

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2018, 02:45:54 PM »
Great news   :o ;D

Offline Steve Elliott

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2018, 02:49:43 PM »
Great stuff!    :D
Windows 10, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb).
MacOS Mojave, 64-bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 2.3 Ghz, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB.
Linux Mint 19.1, 64-bit, 16Gb RAM, CPU Intel i5, 3.2 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (2Gb).
Raspbian Buster, pi4 4Gb RAM,1.5Ghz