Please need help building a sample of wx.mod

Started by eNano, July 31, 2018, 14:39:35

Previous topic - Next topic

eNano

Hi, I'm really new to BlitzMax I use to code in blitz3d so I'm finding on blitzmax a lot of troubles to build a simple program
I need to use wx.mod to make some spreadsheets but when I try to build the sample file aboutbox.bmx the console says:
Building executable...
[100%] Linking:aboutbox.debug.exe

but a message window says:
E:/BlitzMaxNG/MinGW32/bin/ld.exe: unrecognized option '-Wl,--allow-multiple-definition'
Build Error: Failed to link E:/BlitzMaxNG/mod/wx.mod/samples/aboutbox.debug.exe

what should I do?
Thanks for any help!

Henri

Hi,

most likely that error derives from MinGW version used in bmx-ng/MinGW32 - folder.

You could solve this by downloading newest release version found here https://github.com/bmx-ng/bmx-ng/releases

1. Extract to some <nice_location> . For the time being rename mky.mod to mky (this module create compiler warning)
2. Open command prompt in <nice_location>/bin-folder and type "bmk makemods -a"  (without quotes).
3. Play with your acoustic guitar for a while.

4.Download wx.mod from https://github.com/maxmods/wx.mod and extract to mod-folder. Remove the master suffix from name.
5.Again cmd to <nice_location>/bin-folder and type "bmk makemods wx"  (without quotes).
6. Play 'slightly' longer with your acoustic guitar :-)

Voila

-Henri
- Got 01100011 problems, but the bit ain't 00000001

eNano

Thanks a lot Henri  :D
I did exactly what you said but... as I said before I always find troubles

after a while the command line says
[ 99%] Archiving:wxsimplehtmllistbox.debug.win32.x86.a
[ 99%] Archiving:wxmaxgui.debug.win32.x86.a
[ 99%] Archiving:wxmaxguihtmlwindow.debug.win32.x86.a
[100%] Archiving:wxmaxguiwebview.debug.win32.x86.a

after that there is a bunch of long paths indicating files with ".a" extension among other things,  and after that it says

[  1%] Processing:xrc.bmx
[  1%] Processing:wxmacpagemarginsdialog.bmx
[  1%] Processing:win32.bmx
[  1%] Processing:consts.bmx
[  1%] Processing:wxtreelistctrl.bmx
Build Error: failed to compile (3) <nice_location> /mod/wx.mod/wxmacpagemarginsdialog.mod/wxmacpagemarginsdialog.bmx

is there a solution for this or should I move on?

Henri

Okay, try renaming wx.mod/wxmacpagemarginsdialog.mod -folder to wx.mod/_wxmacpagemarginsdialog , so that compiler skips it and see if it gets there. The underscore is just so that it's easy to spot later on. If it gets through, then rename that folder back and type in cmd /bin "bmk makemods wx.wxmacpagemarginsdialog". wxmacpagemarginsdialog relates to printing dialog.

-Henri

eNano

You are a lifesaver thanks a lot Henri
I did what you said but it gave an error on other folder, so I've deleted all the wx.mod folder and did all again
I've renamed the folder as you said, it did all the stuffs but at the end the command line was showing scrambled messages like

W32x86/[bi n/9ar9.e%xe]:  Acrreactihngi Ev:/iREnALgTI:MEw/BxlistzyMamxNbG/omold/
pwxi.mcodk/wexprrodpeirtayslheoetgdi.alroge.mlode/waxpsroepe.rEt:wy/sRihEeAneLtT
iinnM2aEl/.oBglx.irt8ezlM6eaax.sNeGa./wM
3G2W.3x28x6[8.6a /b9i
9/a%r.]ex e:A rccrehatiinvg iE:n/RgEA:LTwIMxE/tBleitxzMtaxeNGn/mtodr/wyx.dmoid/a
wxlreoargra.ngrecetrll.emEo:ad//RswExAerLeT.aIrMwrEa/inBglneict3tzrM2la.x.rNeGxl
26./aisn6eG.W.w3i2anx38
xb8i6n./aa[r.
x9e:9 %c]re atAinrg cE:h/RiEAvLTiIMnE/gBl:itwzMxaxwNGi/mzoda/wrx.dmo.d/rwxesylmb
rEd/pisckeer.diwaliogn.m3od2/w.xsxyEm:8b/oR6lEpA.iLcTakIeM
iBalliotg[z.Mr aexl9NeGa9/sMe%i.nw]GiWn 3322Ax.8xr68/6cb.iahn/ia
v.eixen: g:crweaxtixngm El:/rREeALsTIoMEu/BrlictzeMa.xNrGE/e:m/olRdE/eAwLxaT.Ims
/eaxe//Bw.lxitwtezxiMtaenxnNt3Gr/y2Mdii.naGlxWo3g82.xm68o6d.//bwaixnt
rt.eenxter[:y d ia9clro9ega.%trie]nlge  aEsA:e/.rRwEicAnL3hT2I.iMxE8v/6B.ilaintz

a:xNwG/xmopd/awxs.msodw/woxwrizdared.nmotd/rEw:xy/wRidEzAaiLrTdaI.MrlEe/loBelagi
ste.z.MwraixneN3G2l/.Mxei8n6aG.Was32ex
E/wbiin/nar3.e2xe.: x8cr6ea.tiang
:/REALT[IM E/9Bl9it%zM]ax NGA/mrodc/whx.imovd/iwxnxmglr:eswouxrcpe.rmoid/nwxtxme
lrres.ourrcee.lreeleaasse.ewi.n3w2.ix8n6.3a2
E/:8/R6EA.LTaIM
BlitzMa[xN G/9Mi9nG%W3]2x 86A/brinc/ahr.iexve:i ncgre:atwinxg sE:i/RmEApLTlIMeE/
hBltitmzMlaxlNGi/msodt/wbx.omoxd/.wxrpaesslwoerdaenstEr:ey/dR.iEaAwlLoTigI.MnmEo
y3d2/l2wixt.pzaMxsasx8wNoG6r/dM.einnatGrW
ixa8l6o/gb[.irn e/la9era.9seex%.ew:]i n 32cA.rxer8a6tc.ianhg i
:v/RiEAnLTgIM:E/wBlxitmzMaaxxNGg/muodi/w.x.rmoed/lwxeprainsteer..mowd/iwxnpEr:3i
na3xtEeA.rL.TxrIeM8lEe/6aBsl.ei.tawziM
2N.Gx/8M6i[.naG W93
9x8%6/]bi n/Aarr.ecxeh: ivcrieantigng: Ew:/xREmALaTIxMEg/BuliitzhMatxNmG/lmowd/i
wxn.mdood/wwx.sirmpelelhtemlalEi:ss/tRebEoA.xL.TwmIoMidE//nwBxl3siit2mzpM.laexxh
xx.8m/lM6liin.sGtWab3o2
r6e/lbeian[s/ea1.rw.0ienx03e2:%. x]86c .raeAatr
ncg hE:i/RvEAiLTnIMgE/:BlwitxzMmaxaNGx/mgodu/wix.wmoed/bwxvmaixgeuiw.m.odr/wexml
axeguai.sreele.aEs:we/.RiwEiAnnL3T32I.M2xE8/.6B.lxait8z
in.NGa/M
GW32x86/bin/ar.exe: creating E:/REALTIME/BlitzMaxNG/mod/wx.mod/wxmaxguihtmlwindo
w.mod/wxmaxguihtmlwindow.releEa:s/eR.EwAiLnT3I2M.Ex/8B6l.iatzM
xNG/MinGW32x86/bin/ar.exe: creating E:/REALTIME/BlitzMaxNG/mod/wx.mod/wxmaxguiwe
bview.mod/wxmaxguiwebview.release.win32.x86.a

but apparently all was ok
then I've renamed the folder again and did the last step without problems and the sample is working on blitzmax
Thanks a lot for your time

Derron

That garbage-output happens because the BMK in bmx-ng is multithreaded while the "output" is not handled in a multithreaded way. So different threads write their characters at the same time - resulting in this garbled texts.

Nothing to worry. Nonetheless Brucey just updated BMK today as I had some issues with threads resulting in skipped module compilation (which then leads to "cannot finde module.xyz).

bye
Ron

Henri

Well, glad we got that worked out as well.

-Henri