AGK AR

Started by Naughty Alien, July 27, 2018, 03:48:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Naughty Alien

..hi guys..im messing a bit with AR in AGK..having said this, i understand that anchor(point where 3D model is attached) can be created on two ways, as far as i can see :

-ARCreateAnchorFromHitTest
-ARCreateAnchorFromPlane

..So, how to set anchor based on marker such as bar code, image and so on??..

Qube

Quote..So, how to set anchor based on marker such as bar code, image and so on??..
Not quite sure why you'd want to put an anchor at an image location - There are commands to translate 2D coordinates into 3D world ones to place 3D objects.

Unless you want to be able to detect things like bar codes in the real world? then I would of thought something so distinct would be recognised as a plane.

I could be missing the whole point so perhaps a bigger explanation for us dummies would be handy ;D

EDIT - If you are wanting to do AR image recognition then those commands have not been added to the AR side of AGK and you'd need to shout loud and clear that you want / need them over on the TGC forums :)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Naughty Alien

:))

well..probably you are correct..hehe..basically i want QR code to be a placeholder for 3D model, once is seen by camera..soo..how??  :D

Qube

Quote from: Naughty Alien on July 28, 2018, 08:44:09
:))

well..probably you are correct..hehe..basically i want QR code to be a placeholder for 3D model, once is seen by camera..soo..how??  :D

Ah, gotcha ya!. Yeah, there are no AR image recognition commands in the AR side of AGK yet. I would say that's quite important so perhaps make a post about that on the AGK forums and hopefully it'll be added in.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.