Really need help with my sad attempt here.

Started by phodiS, July 16, 2018, 23:01:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

I ran your file and the AVAST software sent it to their cyber labs for investigation.

Unbelievable

Naughty Alien

..probably because its EXE inside, but i have scanned it with ESET so it should be just fine..

Mikey

Avast returned a message saying that the file was OK but I still cannot get the program to run with either method.

It might be some direct X companion code that is required or similar.

It runs but stops at another point now. I'm including a screen shot to show where it stops.
I know it's a 3D command that requires the different mode but that one does not work for some reason. I'll also try reinstalling the program again.

peteswansen

cant see what your demo is in but the graphic mode should be like this to work in WIN 10;

Graphics3D 1024,768,32,2   

You have to specify 32 bit graphics, and of course it is alway better to set a windowed ( eg.  "2") screen instead of full display.

Naughty Alien

..i really hope you are not joking..anyway, change this as it was mentioned twice already..

TomToad

Try running this little snippet here.  It will print all the graphics modes your system is capable of.  If your system is like mine, it will not support 16 bit color.
; CountGfxModes3D()
; -----------------

Graphics 800,600,0,2

For i=1 To CountGfxModes3D()

Print "Mode "+i+": ("+GfxModeWidth(i)+"x"+GfxModeHeight(i)+"x"+GfxModeDepth(i)+")"

Next

WaitKey()

------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

peteswansen

oh come on..... this is not a debate-  16 bit mode does not work in Win 10,  just make sure it is 32 bit mode. I have gone thru many of my old B3D programs-   they do not work in 16 bit or in unspecified bit mode- 32 bit only...

Mikey

Quote from: Naughty Alien on July 26, 2018, 07:35:34
..i really hope you are not joking..anyway, change this as it was mentioned twice already..

I used your syntax and got the message that the software could not create a 3D scene

Mikey

Quote from: TomToad on July 26, 2018, 11:17:25
Try running this little snippet here.  It will print all the graphics modes your system is capable of.  If your system is like mine, it will not support 16 bit color.
; CountGfxModes3D()
; -----------------

Graphics 800,600,0,2

For i=1 To CountGfxModes3D()

Print "Mode "+i+": ("+GfxModeWidth(i)+"x"+GfxModeHeight(i)+"x"+GfxModeDepth(i)+")"

Next

WaitKey()

I used this code and the screen just stays blank.

col

@Mikey

Whats the OS and gpu, gpu driver version in the system that is failing?
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

TomToad

Could it possibly be a corrupt install?  Try reinstalling blitz3d and see if that helps. Also remember that from Win Vista and later, you need to save the source somewhere other than the"Program files" directory to compile.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

col

It does sound strange. It seems as though there's no (or incorrect) 3d drivers installed, I wonder, but doubt, if monitor drivers would play a part in things not working. I'm not so sure on a corrupt install ( but of course it could be - as that's the nature of a corrupt install :) ) as I get the impression that it builds and runs the exe(s) from the editor?

The save process takes place just before the build takes place (pretty standard logic). The build takes place all in RAM and is executed from RAM too. It's only when you want to build an exe does it actually drop an executable file on to the hard drive.

Mikey

Quote from: col on July 28, 2018, 14:48:32
@Mikey

Whats the OS and gpu, gpu driver version in the system that is failing?

I'm running windows 7 Professional, standard install, nothing fancy.
8GB of ram

Mikey

Quote from: TomToad on July 28, 2018, 17:25:47
Could it possibly be a corrupt install?  Try reinstalling blitz3d and see if that helps. Also remember that from Win Vista and later, you need to save the source somewhere other than the"Program files" directory to compile.

I installed the software on a drive other than C: and the source listings are going into a folder other than the program files folder. I've never saved files there for portability reasons.

col

Can you post a pic showing the 'Adapter' tab selected too?