Really need help with my sad attempt here.

Started by phodiS, July 16, 2018, 23:01:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Naughty Alien

..this is really weird..

TomToad

Why are you running your graphics card at 16 bit color?  Any system built in the last 10 years would work much more efficiently at 32 bit.  Possibly the source of your error?  Try running your monitor at 32 bit and use 32 bit in B3D.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

Mikey

Quote from: col on July 30, 2018, 03:25:47
Can you post a pic showing the 'Adapter' tab selected too?

Here that is and its an odd configuration. Much different from the machine that was replaced by this one.

Mikey

Quote from: TomToad on July 30, 2018, 18:53:06
Why are you running your graphics card at 16 bit color?  Any system built in the last 10 years would work much more efficiently at 32 bit.  Possibly the source of your error?  Try running your monitor at 32 bit and use 32 bit in B3D.

I posted the image of all the modes.
I tried them all. Any other program works in all the modes except for this program, which is why this event is odd.

Naughty Alien

..can you run DXDIAG(type DXDIAG in the lower-left search box on desktop) and then take screenshot of that and post here..
..take screenshots of this two tabs..

Derron

(Have not read the previous pages of this thread...so excuse if I duplicate stuff)

-> missing vendor specific gpu driver
-> no (or up to none) hw acceleration
-> issues with OGL/D3D

If it is an IGP (chip on the mainboard) then install mainboard drivers.
If it is a GPU card, install drivers for the GPU.

When booting up your computer you most often see the GPU chip name on the top left of the screen - before mainboard information ("bios post messages" or "mainboard logo") is displayed.

Internal IGP: you connected your screen to a cable socket right next to USB and audio sockets.
External: there are some metal slots below the usb/audio/whatever-sockets (90 degrees turned compared to the alignment of these mainboard sockets). One of these slots (or two..) is occupied with your screen-cable-socket (and hdmi and so on).

Hardware can get identified via the "vendor ID" of the chip - which Windows exposes. But as this is a more complicated job, I would postpone that for later.

bye
Ron

col

It looks like its a driver issue. I'd go to AMD/ATI and try out their 'auto-detect' tool to download and install another more dedicated driver. If it doesn't detect anything then do as Naughty Alien suggests for us to see what GPU Windows has detected - There are many tools for this and as you probably already have DxDiag installed it makes sense to use it.

If that fails to help then we can do as Derron says and use the PID and VID to isolate the GPU.
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

Mikey

It's running
It was the drivers. What folder hold the .b3d meshes and similar?

col

I think they'll either be in the examples local source code folder or in the '<Blit3DInstallationFolder>/Media' folder.
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."