using bleach as an antiperspirant

Started by meems, July 10, 2018, 09:59:40

Previous topic - Next topic

meems

yeah so, everyone likes to think they are special in their own way. And my way is to have stinking BO easily in the bottom 0.1% of men. Its been a bane of my life for 20 years. I shower every day, pack on anti-antiperspirant every day, bung a load of soap in my armpits. Kinda works, except now we've had a heat-wave and am seeing the familiar stink-eye people give me on the train and at work that means my BO is offensive but they are too polite to say anything.
So it was time to look for new methods. BO is not directly from sweat, its the bacteria that thrive on the skin that do it, so with this in mind I've been slapping on the bleach. I think its toilet bleach, there's plenty of perfume in it. There's a significant heat reaction when I get it on my hands, but I don't notice it in my armpits.

Seems to be working. I'll get my mum to sniff my armpits this weekend, she'll give an honest opinion.
I wish I'd tried this 20 years ago. Could have saved many a personal relation with friends, would be friends, work relations, and lovers.

Great eh? No doubt you all knew about this method and half of you have been using it yourselves. I wish you cruel people had taught me this 15 years ago on the blitzResearch forums. I would have got laid more.

Pakz

If smell then spray deo. If I am away for longer then I always have a can of deodarant with me.

Oh, and midday armpit wash :)

Derron

You really suggest to use bleach?
Why don't you use some acid to "burn away" the perspiratory glands?

Seriously: Nobody sane would suggest to use bleach!

Why? As you wrote - so assumingly understood - smell comes from the bacteria on your skin. Bleach does not just destroy bacteria - but also the bacteria/"environment" your skin needs to work properly.
It is like suggesting to place razor blades on the ground so that falling items are cut apart so you cannot stumble over them. You destroy more than what you cure/heal.

What happens if you stay naked (above your pant area), do you sweat the same amount? Most times people just react to all the chemicals they use - either in deodorants or in the detergents.
You can even react to certain materials. Some years ago I switched summer shoes to mules - and in most of them my feet begin to stink after wearing them for some hours. It only happens when they have this "leather + glue + cork" kind of base/sole. The sweat of the feet reacts with the glue and this leads - when wearing - to smelly feet. At least in my case of course. Same stuff for sneakers - if they contain a specific plastic/synthetic material, I get sweaty feet which sooner or later would smell.

I also know of some deodorants (eg. "Axe") which I overreact at. If I use them I start to sweat for some hours. Some ingredients I just cannot "stay". So my personal "Axe effect". Haha. Did not experience such things with perfume yet - so I assume it is something deodorant-specific/anti-transpirant thing.

Means: most often it is the material of your shirts, t-shirts, ... things like "polyester". Some others react to cotton - or silk. This is why I was asking what happens if you stood "naked".

Also: if your clothing is cleaned in a certain way, your sweat will react with this material and make it stinky. Some material is also better for sweating people: cotton can soak sweat, polyester (etc.) is there to ... keep the sweat in (so you won't that dark areas on your clothes). Kept in sweat means: yummy, not!

bye
Ron

meems

>You really suggest to use bleach?
not regularly. Bleach sucks the oil and fatty components and other chemicals out of the skin leaving it depleted of its normal state. Done too much it would leave skin flaky, weak and chemically burnt. However as an occasional one off, I would recommend it as a last resort for that 1 in a 1000 special type of man like me.
An alternative that works for me is to go swimming in a sportcentre swimming pool. All swimming pools are bleached with the same stuff as toilet bleach, but the concentration is lower. People who go swimming regularly at such places seem to have better skin on average than those who don't. But I can't be arsed to go swimming regularly, I find it a boring chunk out of a day that could be spent browsing the internet or playing MOBAs.

Derron

Quote from: meems on July 10, 2018, 12:29:56
But I can't be arsed to go swimming regularly, I find it a boring chunk out of a day that could be spent browsing the internet or playing MOBAs.

So you are either trolling ... or already might know the solution of you sweating problem: do more sports so your resting pulse rate will get lower and therefor things like "walking" do no longer make you sweat that much.

bye
Ron

Pakz

I googled a little bit and found this.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/173478.php

Shaving the armpits seems to help.

meems

just to let you know I've put some more bleach on this morning. I browsed the toilet bleaches we've got, sniffing each one and picked the most perfumey. Maybe thats a mistake cos now besides the bleach i can feel the perfume chemicals being absorbed thru my skin and circulating round my system.

I've been browsing the net for reports from other men who use bleach this way, and while a few others use it to wash, I haven't found anyone who uses it as a roll-on antiperspirant that they leave on. You might argue this shows I'm a fool, but I'd argue it shows I'm an independent and original thinker who is not afraid to challenge social norms. Like Christopher Columbus and test pilot Roy Halladay ( now deceased ), I do the pioneering work so you don't have to.

Hopefully in a few months I'll report on the state of my health and skin. Hopefully.

Kryzon

I want to second shaving (or heavily trimming) your armpits. It helps with hygiene.
Plenty of macho swimmers do it.

Derron

swimmers not just shave their armpits ... they also shave legs, arms ... as it decreases friction.

@ shaving arm pits
Of course this will not work nicely with your bleach - as it will hurt here and there (when shaved shortly before). It will feel like if you put some BBQ coals to your arm pits :-)

bye
Ron

Kryzon

Well, he could use an electric body-hair trimmer (they say it's "for any areas from the neck down", including groin), it should cut to a very small size but avoid the rashes or itching that a razor would cause. Like afternoon beard

meems

>Well, he could use an electric body-hair trimmer

done it, I'm trying a whole bag of new ideas to combat this heatwave. It's working. I know because I can smell other peoples BO at a distance, which is something that can't be done if the smeller has BO himself.

peteswansen

Gillette Cool Wave or Arctic Ice bro......   pretty sure they have it in UK.....  it is so far in my life the best solution....   :) ;) :D ;D :o :))

RemiD

@meems>>there is a "natural" mix which is very efficient against bad odors caused by perspiration (the odor is really caused by the reproduction / secretions of bacterias in wet warm dark areas (armpits, feet / shoes) ) :
flower water or pure water (90%) + sodium bicarbonate powder (10%)
mix it in a spray bottle and then spray it !!!

it works for the armpits and for the feet / shoes.

However if you eat rotten crap, you will perspire some of these odors (a good example is garlic), i am talking about limiting the odors / burning caused by bacterias.

Try it, it is cheap...

cpsmith0191

Is it the heat or is it a generational thing, as kids we had a bath once a week (shared when we were young) with a cold wash between times. Nowadays it's a shower a day, with additional showers after heavy work (long bike rides). No deodorant and no scents, we are humans (animals) we are suppose to smell. As for BLEACH on the human body, no way is that good for you. Maybe try altering diet as suggested if your smell bothers you, the operative word being you. Remember just as some dirt is good for you, some bacteria are your friend. Animals have evolved with it and need it to survive. Have fun and try to stand in the shade for a bit...