Oculus Go

Started by Qube, July 02, 2018, 22:57:00

Previous topic - Next topic

therevills

Quote from: Qube on July 06, 2018, 11:28:02
I've played with the PSVR.
Ah good, at least you have some context of what I am talking about then :)

Which games did you try? And did you try any with the Move controllers (the Move controllers are "okay" just, but the Touch controllers are awesome!).

Quotehas not made the enjoyment any less.
And that is the main point, as long as you enjoy yourself :D

As far as "proper" VR goes. For that I would expect a massive leap in the visual quality to justify the price of a high end gaming rig and matching HMD.
Totally agree, two things I really want for the next version of the Rift: Wireless and an (massive) increase in resolution.

Qube

QuoteAh good, at least you have some context of what I am talking about then :)
I tried it last year as I was highly sceptical about VR headsets based on how they were in previous attempts.

QuoteWhich games did you try? And did you try any with the Move controllers (the Move controllers are "okay" just, but the Touch controllers are awesome!).
The only ones I played were RIGS and the free stuff that came with the PSVR ( that's all he had at the time ). Not tried the move controllers but he did nick mine and not returned them yet :P

QuoteAnd that is the main point, as long as you enjoy yourself :D
Very much so. Best money I've spent in a long time ;D - Still impressed with the visual quality and performance considering the price.

Quotetwo things I really want for the next version of the Rift: Wireless and an (massive) increase in resolution.
I think that's a must if VR is to continue in popularity. The high end headsets need a big jump of both freedom from cable / tracking gadgets and visuals.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

therevills

Quote from: Qube on July 06, 2018, 12:31:58
The only ones I played were RIGS and the free stuff that came with the PSVR ( that's all he had at the time ). Not tried the move controllers but he did nick mine and not returned them yet :P

I've been playing with VR for a couple of years now, having the Rift DK1 (sold it) and now got the PSVR and Oculus Rift CV1.... but RIGS still give me motion sickness!  :o

One of the best PSVR is Rush of Blood, sit down rollercoaster shot em up.

I'm looking forward to more VR in the future :)

Qube

QuoteOne of the best PSVR is Rush of Blood, sit down rollercoaster shot em up.
For a first gen VR headset the PSVR approach was quite a clever one I think -- The image is very slightly blurry but in return you get no screen door effect. Plus they didn't shove all the tech into the headset and had an external box.

I've been tempted on / off for quite a while to grab a PSVR ever since I tried it out. Downside is I don't even own a PS4 or camera and my brother-in-law has nicked my move controllers from my PS3 days for his PSVR. I really want to play Star Trek : Bridge Crew and Resident Evil VR but keep slapping myself that it's a silly setup cost just for a couple of games :P

QuoteI'm looking forward to more VR in the future :)
I hope they do continue to develop VR headsets as eventually it'll lead to a simple swimming goggles style headset and the main grunt work done by an external box.
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Qube

So, I've had the Oculus Go for over a month now and thought I'd do a quick update...

I absolutely love this device. The price of games is super cheap and there are some real gems with hours and hours of gameplay value.

As mentioned before I'm still blown away by the quality of this standalone VR headset considering the price. The visuals are really great and there is no headset or controller lag.

I've bought quite a few games and played 20-30 minutes of them but I like to complete a game before moving onto another one. Drop Dead is the game I'm currently playing and I've 7 levels left in time line 3 before I've completed it. It's a great game and probably the best £7 I've spent on a game.

Others I've briefly tried out and keen to play properly are Dead Secret Circle, Gun Club VR, Along Together, OverFlight & Skylight. I have more but can't remember the names right now :P

Apart from the gems of games available, what I love about the Oculus Go is that you just shove it on and play. No wires, no messing and no fuss.

There is even an app ( Skybox ) to spool movies from your PC to the headset. Last week I watched Justice League 3D via it. There I was sat in a cinema environment with the 3D movie shown on a massive screen. Hugely enjoyable experience and I'll definitely watch more movies through the headset.

Overall the Oculus Go has been a fantastic purchase which has provided hours and hours of total immersive gaming. Best thing I've bought in a long time and highly recommend ;D

Until the next time.