Total Biscuit has passed away

Started by iWasAdam, May 25, 2018, 06:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

iWasAdam

Just to let people know that after a long battle with cancer. Total Biscuit has passed away 24/5/2018.
May he rest with love and peace'

He was a heavy hitter with the gaming community with WTF is youtube blogs and fought for better games and design.
His reviews and outbursts were many.
My thought are with his family and friends.

Naughty Alien

..oh man..im so sorry to hear this..i love this guy very much...he backed up my game, back then...rest in peace buddy, i hope you are at better place now than this shitty world..

Xaron

That's sad news.... :o Liked that guy very much.

GaborD

therevills

MikeHart

Steve Elliott

I was going to save my 1000th post here for something else, but Total Biscuit dying at 33...Taken far too soon.  A man who fought against mediocrity and money over game play in the current games industry deserves a mention instead.  RIP.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

meems

The disease John Bain had is rare in people his age, like 0.1% of new cases are in people age 30-34, most are in the 60s to 80s. Further, its usually treatable. Something most unusual happened for his case to have been fatal.

Rick Nasher

Can't say I knew him, but sad news nevertheless.
R.I.P.

ENAY

TV was a great guy, he will be sadly missed. I just can't help feeling though that he should have been more careful.

His form of cancer is for sure, quite rare, but most things he did in his life would raise the risk.

The guy worked 7 days in a week, for years. Sitting down for long periods of time and not resting is not good for you. Stress is a killer. Stress of course doesn't cause cancer but everything around it does. Not sleeping properly, takeaways, sugary drinks while working, being in comspitation for long periods of time, not eating or exercising properly, he wasn't fat but of course he was far from healthy, or what I would call healthy. All these things increase your risk of getting cancer.

Worst of all, he did the absolute worst thing he could possibly do.

Ignore the warning signs.

When I first heard about his cancer from his vlog. I was shocked to hear that he had been bleeding for a while, everytime he went for a dump basically he decided to ignore the blood, because he was busy and too embarrassed to talk about it or get it checked out, from what I recall months this continued. Almost every form of cancer has a high chance of being treatable if caught early.

I admired his determination and consistency in carrying on working to support his family. He often said, yes this is a very stressful and high workload job, but I love it and wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

After he had his cancer removed, this picture has always stuck in my head.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BznkVPmIUAAPcSm.jpg

For gods sake man, get some rest. Is what I thought.

Us programmers too, we're at a higher risk than most people to getting cancer, I always go for a brisk walk everyday, helps keep my mind in check as well.

I'm nearly 40 now but back when I was 23 or so and on the old bb Blitz Forums, a guy posted his visit to the Doctor, where he had all sorts of stuff inserted into his rectum and joking complaining about it but also warning that any of you guys had similiar symptons that you should go to the doctor. Spookily that week I'd also had blood in my stool.

From then I ate better and exercised more, just incase.
If any of you guys ever have any sort of symptons or something that worries you, then seriously, get yourself to your Doctor. It could save your life, literally.

For me it wasn't anything but for TB it was Cancer and now he's gone. Way before his time.

Amon

Quote from: ENAY on May 28, 2018, 05:17:29
TV was a great guy, he will be sadly missed. I just can't help feeling though that he should have been more careful.

His form of cancer is for sure, quite rare, but most things he did in his life would raise the risk.

The guy worked 7 days in a week, for years. Sitting down for long periods of time and not resting is not good for you. Stress is a killer. Stress of course doesn't cause cancer but everything around it does. Not sleeping properly, takeaways, sugary drinks while working, being in comspitation for long periods of time, not eating or exercising properly, he wasn't fat but of course he was far from healthy, or what I would call healthy. All these things increase your risk of getting cancer.

Worst of all, he did the absolute worst thing he could possibly do.

Ignore the warning signs.

When I first heard about his cancer from his vlog. I was shocked to hear that he had been bleeding for a while, everytime he went for a dump basically he decided to ignore the blood, because he was busy and too embarrassed to talk about it or get it checked out, from what I recall months this continued. Almost every form of cancer has a high chance of being treatable if caught early.

I admired his determination and consistency in carrying on working to support his family. He often said, yes this is a very stressful and high workload job, but I love it and wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

After he had his cancer removed, this picture has always stuck in my head.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BznkVPmIUAAPcSm.jpg

For gods sake man, get some rest. Is what I thought.

Us programmers too, we're at a higher risk than most people to getting cancer, I always go for a brisk walk everyday, helps keep my mind in check as well.

I'm nearly 40 now but back when I was 23 or so and on the old bb Blitz Forums, a guy posted his visit to the Doctor, where he had all sorts of stuff inserted into his rectum and joking complaining about it but also warning that any of you guys had similiar symptons that you should go to the doctor. Spookily that week I'd also had blood in my stool.

From then I ate better and exercised more, just incase.
If any of you guys ever have any sort of symptons or something that worries you, then seriously, get yourself to your Doctor. It could save your life, literally.

For me it wasn't anything but for TB it was Cancer and now he's gone. Way before his time.

I cannot +1 this post enough.

meems

That would explain it for me. Too much deskwork has been a known killer for decades. Humans need to exercise, else all manner of things go wrong. e.g. The human lymphatic (immune) system heavily relies on exercise to move lymph fluid around. I was very active as a kid and I remember the 1st few times I had to sit down for long work periods, it made me feel groggy, like my blood had stagnated. I got used to it, but from those 1st experiences of long deskwork I've always been mindful that I needed to get my internal fluids hot and well circulated as often as possible by exercise.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kar%C5%8Dshi

RemiD

i don't agree with the advice to go the doctor when you have a health problem, i would say, it depends if the problem is caused by something in your air / drinks / foods / clothes / habits, or by something that you have no control / influence on.

in some cases a (bad) doctor can damage you more than necessary and contribute to your handicap / death.

so yes, or no, hmmm maybe

ENAY

Well I guess we're all entitled to our opinion. I don't go to the doctors for cold like symptons, never have.

However if I have some sort of internal pain, or bleeding out my anus, well. Worrying about whether you might get a bad doctor is surely the absolute least fear you'd be having at the time.

Where do you live in the world RemiD where you think that a doctor is going to contribute to your handicap / death?

Naughty Alien

...whole thing is actually rather simple...body need motion..action...and proper food intake...what i do is, i run every single day, 7km, no exception..rain or hot sun, i run...food I take is almost entirely without meat, very rare situations that i take meat...3 liters of water a day is a must for me, no sugar at all (thats horrible thing to take), no alcohol(sometimes beer..sometimes), no smoke (never did)...and thats basically it..i cant remember when i went to doc..at all...so basically, thats really all it takes..i have no fat, i do eat a lot, but as i said, burn it out every single day..no exceptions made...thats all you really need...to move and burn whatever you have consumed..