Announcing AppGameKit for C#!

Started by MichaelUK, May 18, 2018, 22:42:19

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelUK

This was posted on my Facebook so i thought i would share with everyone

https://www.thegamecreators.com/post/announcing-appgamekit-for-c

Announcing AppGameKit for C#!
Posted on Friday, 18th May 2018 1:48 PM  in  TGC News,  AppGameKit News,
TheGameCreators have teamed up with Forum developer MadBit to trial his C# version of AppGameKit.

With the AGKSharp wrapper developers now have a way to access the AppGameKit game making commands.

follow the link to see how  the code looks:

This derivative version of AppGameKit makes the language easily accessible to the C# development community and we are excited to see C# users make it part of their tool set.

For more details and download access, visit:

AGKSharp Website http://madbit.bplaced.com/?page_id=136

Rick Nasher

Great stuff for those who favor # over C++(I do). Would even be more great if would be able to use this with AGK's crossplatform abilities.

round157

AppGameKit for C# is a software similar to AppGameKit for Python and AppGameKit for Cerberus X? Well done.  :)

Will there be AppGameKit for BlitzMax NG and AppGameKit for Monkey2 in the future?

MikeHart

Actually, the CX way is different. With the Python and C# solutions you don't need to own AGK. Their authors made an agreement with TGC to be able to wrap AGK into a dll and ship that. BUT.... it is fixed to version 2017.12.12 and i think Windows only. And their agreement might run out after a year.

With CX you need to own AGK. But i don't wrap the AGK libs into a dll. The CX targets are build by automatically copying and processing the files of your AGK installation and make yhem CX ready.
There is no need for an agreement and you are always able to use the latest version. Just run the AGKBuildTarget script again.

It supports Windows and OSX now and once i figure the damn xcodebuild command out, i can ship ios too.

round157

Hi, MikeHart, I understand now.

Thanks a lot.

GaborD

This is really interesting.
I hate C++, so this could be a good way to go beyond tier1 AGK code.