I was banned for no reason.

Started by Borislav, May 16, 2018, 13:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Borislav

Can I please be unbanned, I am using a VPN and incognito to access SyntaxBomb, I find this website useful I don't know why I was IP banned when I didn't even have an account.
Please unban!
;D

Qube

It more likely that your IP address fell into one of the many many spammers range that the site gets.

If you can, PM me your normal IP address ( none VPN etc ) and I will take a look :)
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Borislav

Quote from: Qube on May 16, 2018, 15:14:36
It more likely that your IP address fell into one of the many many spammers range that the site gets.

If you can, PM me your normal IP address ( none VPN etc ) and I will take a look :)
Now the website won't even open without VPN.

Qube

I see the problem.. You're based in Russia :P - I shall be less ban trigger happy with our Russian friends ;D

You should now be able to access the site through your normal broadband connection.
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Derron

I use a simple "ask questions about the website"-captcha.

So it would eg. say
complete the name: syntaxb...

or ask some simple coder stuff...:
2 < 5 (answer with "true" or "false")

That way only human "spammers" register on your website - and these could be pruned on a monthly base (registered, added link to profile, no posts, never seen again ...).
Recaptcha and the likes could be solved by "services", so you can not rely on them.

Banning big regions can prevent a lot of stuff - eg. talented Russians to enter the competition :p

bye
Ron

Qube

QuoteI use a simple "ask questions about the website"-captcha.
It already asks questions, simple ones mind you but not common ones.

QuoteThat way only human "spammers" register on your website
There are a load of bots that would even know "2 < 5 (answer with "true" or "false")" and also as you say, it doesn't stop the human spammer sign ups. Nothing stops those crap bottom feeding muppets.

Quoteand these could be pruned on a monthly base
I do that too, multiple time a week :)

QuoteBanning big regions can prevent a lot of stuff - eg. talented Russians to enter the competition :p
I know but we get sooooo many from Russia with a hostname of *.ru that I just banned *.ru.

Now that I don't ban *.ru hostnames we'll get about 5 a day with somehostname.ru and I'll have to remove 20+ topics :P

It's a pain but members don't see the spammers as their posts are hidden until I confirm new posters as real people.

Until the next time.

Borislav

Quote from: Qube on May 17, 2018, 18:52:05
I see the problem.. You're based in Russia :P - I shall be less ban trigger happy with our Russian friends ;D

You should now be able to access the site through your normal broadband connection.
I am temprorarily staying in Russia, I supposed to have the website work until I took a visit here.

Borislav

Quote from: Qube on May 17, 2018, 18:52:05

I know, Russian users love spreading spam, viruses and propoganda.
My website's forum was intensely spammed by them with some shitty spam posts.