Cerberus X : Future Linux and OSX builds

Started by MikeHart, May 01, 2018, 20:13:40

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHart

Quote from: iWasAdam on May 03, 2018, 06:53:37
@Mike a question for you. In cerberusX you use ted2. how different is this from ted2 used in monkey2? The reason I ask is I have an updated version of ted2 here with more features?

It is still the QT based TED, but enhanced with features like themes and other stuff. It is slowly growing. Maybe because of the themes you thought it was Monkey2s Ted2?

iWasAdam

interesting I didn't know that monkey Ted2 was QT based. monkey2 Ted2 is custom (mojox) based.

MikeHart

Quote from: iWasAdam on May 03, 2018, 08:46:44
interesting I didn't know that monkey Ted2 was QT based. monkey2 Ted2 is custom (mojox) based.

I know. And it would be great if I can create something similar. For this the first stepping stone would be to bring Truetype based font rendering to CX.

Derron

Why not create a language plugin for one of the major IDEs: IntelliJ, Atom, Visual Studio Code ... this way you only need to tackle the language instead of fighting "editor functionality" too (especially: debugging, refactoring, project management, deployment, intellisense, ...).

@ old hardware
Just parallel install linux (give it 20gigs and it will be more than happy). Install a Xubuntu if you really like to have "ubuntu as basis" - or Linux Mint XFCE. It should run smooth there, and if not: install Lubuntu or even less hardware hungry distributions. You might also consider replacing the 250gig sata drive with a 120gb ssd (should be below 50eur), helps regarding long compilation times.
And if you really bought another computer: you might consider making the old device linux based so you are able to run it "non-virtualized". As it is an AMD cpu things aren't easy if you want to use it as a Hackintosh (Mac OS on "PC hardware").

bye
Ron

Rick Nasher

QuoteI need to work out again!
I know the feeling..
I'm from the summer of '69, so you beat me.

QuoteCube: when does the Bingo session start again?
Ghighighi rofl 
But when *does* the bingo start? I didn't see the announcement or perhaps I forgot.  ;)
A well I'll just take a little stroll with my walker then (if they let me out at least, they keep changing that darn key code and I don't understand why they painted trees over what is supposed to be the exit? )

GaborD

Maaaan, so many old farts.  8)
I am a 1969er too.

Steve Elliott

Another 69er here.  And I'm going to the gym tomorrow.  Maybe tomorrow  ;)
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Rick Nasher

Discussed my lack of fitness with my gf and she got me some protein shake stuff and a cheap inflatable kayak at the Action discounter 8) . Let's see if I can actually get myself in gear this summer (again). :-[

Qube

I can see a lot of us ain't spring chickens anymore :o - Ah well, too late to grow up now ;D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Rick Nasher

If I had only known the things I know now when I was a youngster..  ;D

MikeHart

Enough of all the old talk. The "how to build a dating app" class for senior devs beginns at 3pm in the cafeteria.

Besides that....

THANK YOU to Rick and Cube! With your help and other CX user, i am able to order the new PC tonight.

And THANK YOU to iwasAdam who provided me with a Mac Mini so i can maintain CX for OSX and iOS further.

You guys are unbelievable! Thank you!

3DzForMe

Great to hear you've some newer dev boxes on the way, should help with Cerberus Dev. Might get a 64bit dev box for my birthday.... In the mean time, a re-install of W7 helped resurrect my aging B3D box.

We've two inflatable Kayaks which get dusted off roughly once a year - brilliant fun.

I'm from the summer of '71, a mere whipper snapper from you guys from the sixties ;)

Just under 3 weeks until me and my son try my first sprint tri in 10 years - did my first 32K ride followed by a 3.1K run yesterday, fairly sapped my mojo :)
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Rick Nasher

[very off topic]
@3DzForMe
QuoteWe've two inflatable Kayaks which get dusted off roughly once a year - brilliant fun.
Me too, not a professional one but still good fun for couple of years.

Used to have a Pathfinder II, which I equipped with a fin underneath made out of bathslipper of all things lol, for tracking was very very poor before that addition. Last year it got punctured though and as my health declined couldn't be bothered to fix it(doubt if would hold under pressure also).

But last month my girlfriend picked up this Intex Explorer K2 for cheap.

Can't wait to try it out, but I better get into shape before I do(working at it).  ;)