anyone know what happened to Gfk?

Started by meems, April 29, 2018, 17:52:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Nasher

Heeyyyy, GfK is still around!  ;)

Loved the midnight multiplayer sessions with you and Flanker back then hehehe.
Shame we couldn't get it to be more reliable.
Was fun while lasted though.

3DzForMe

Quote.    Glad you're not dead.  You're not the type.     

Ditto!   :D
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Derron

Wonder why nobody aks for the bomb you dropped by telling someone (here) messaged you stuff you handed to the police - and what consequences (aside of "investigations stopped without results" or "investigations stopped for lacking interest") it had.

So ... I ask it now - feel free to stop your multiplayer sessions with "Rick" and "Flanker" to reply to me :-)

bye
Ron

Qube

QuoteWonder why nobody aks for the bomb you dropped by telling someone (here) messaged you stuff you handed to the police
I don't think GfK mean this forum where he was getting threatening emails from.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Derron

Ok, so I could put back the leash on my fighting cat ;-)

@ GfK
So ... why not stay here for a while? Too much distraction?

bye
Ron

Naughty Alien

..GfK..nice to see ya here mate :) welcome and i demand now some good rant :) hehehe

Qube

Quote from: Derron on March 17, 2019, 14:38:02
Ok, so I could put back the leash on my fighting cat ;-)
Lol, well if it was then I never heard about it, but I don't think it was from here.
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Steve Elliott

No it wasn't here, it was at the (now defunct) Blitz site.
Win11 64Gb 12th Gen Intel i9 12900K 3.2Ghz Nvidia RTX 3070Ti 8Gb
Win11 16Gb 12th Gen Intel i5 12450H 2Ghz Nvidia RTX 2050 8Gb
Win11  Pro 8Gb Celeron Intel UHD Graphics 600
Win10/Linux Mint 16Gb 4th Gen Intel i5 4570 3.2GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2Gb
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Steve Elliott

macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Amon

Yay. Way down on the hated list is good enough for me. :)

I'm happy you posted. I'm old now. Very old. Well, if you consider 40 old then yes I'm old. I'd be interested in seeing any projects you've done in Unity. I for one just can't get on with unity. I open the IDE and sit there looking at it, making the most amazing games in my head. 10 minutes later when I have to put the effort in I close the ide and call it a day.

Anyway, it's nice to know you're still around. :)

Qube

QuoteI for one just can't get on with unity. I open the IDE and sit there looking at it, making the most amazing games in my head. 10 minutes later when I have to put the effort in I close the ide and call it a day.
Lol, that's what I did on and off for a few years. The amount of spinning cubes I did before giving up was ridiculous. These days I know the bare basics to whip up a simple game like my Tank Mania game I did for a comp here. Still masses and masses to learn but I'm in no hurry.

Until the next time.

Amon

Quote from: Qube on March 19, 2019, 20:14:43
QuoteI for one just can't get on with unity. I open the IDE and sit there looking at it, making the most amazing games in my head. 10 minutes later when I have to put the effort in I close the ide and call it a day.
Lol, that's what I did on and off for a few years. The amount of spinning cubes I did before giving up was ridiculous. These days I know the bare basics to whip up a simple game like my Tank Mania game I did for a comp here. Still masses and masses to learn but I'm in no hurry.
Hahaa, yeah I'm no stranger to the spinning cube projects in Unity.

The worst part about Unity is every iteration of the dammned thing seems to introduce new features while deprecating others that were less than a month old, including syntax.
I have 830 items, 60% of them bought, from the unity asset store. Yesterday I went to see if any asset updates needed to be downloaded only to find that a third of them were no deprecated and not supported.
I just don't get how this can be allowed. Then again it's not the asset makers fault when unity release a new version that results in assets being deprecated due to code that is no longer supported in the new version. Pffff, it's just a waste of money.

Steve Elliott

every iteration of the dammned thing seems to introduce new features while deprecating others that were less than a month old, including syntax.

I hate software that works in that way.  You try to learn the software, then oh everything's changed now - learn the new way of doing things!  WTF?!!   >:(
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb

Amon

Quote from: Steve Elliott on March 19, 2019, 20:43:46
every iteration of the dammned thing seems to introduce new features while deprecating others that were less than a month old, including syntax.

I hate software that works in that way.  You try to learn the software, then oh everything's changed now - learn the new way of doing things!  WTF?!!   >:(
That's exactly how Unity is now. By the time you're sitting comfortabley with it, a new version come out forcing you to relearn it. You would think , "ok! I'll stick to the current version I'm used", but lo and behold you have to update because a bug in the version you use is only applied to the new version. Same goes for their supposed LTS versions.
I dunno. Fed up with Unity and how they go about business with version releases.

Steve Elliott

Yes, it was always going to be like that with Unity because they didn't design from a solid foundation IMO.

They rushed to write a 3D Engine and 2D was an after thought.  You would think they would have got some very efficient 2D going on with all the required features before jumping into 3D, but no.  So basically they're re-writing everything because the foundations weren't good - it's like building on sand.
macOS 32Gb Apple M2Max
pi5 8Gb
Spectrum Next 2Mb