November 21, 2019, 01:57:18 AM

Author Topic: Anyone Is interested in helping me make a simple game..  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Matty

• MattiesGames
Re: Anyone Is interested in helping me make a simple game..
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 11:05:05 PM »
Hi HardCoal - this is a bit more than I expected and wanted to do.

In your first post you simply said you wanted some graphics.

In your later post you now say you want me to design the whole thing and use your editor in parts to put it together.

That's a lot more than I wanted to do.

All I wanted to do was some graphics and leave the rest to you (as in the first post).

I think I'll leave this where it is for now. The thing is - over the last couple of years my interest in writing games for myself has started to dry up...can't explain why..but I don't play video games anymore although I have been trying to 'push myself' and 'motivate myself' to find it interesting again but I can't...it's dead to me the video game bug of sorts...I don't know why and I don't even know if I'm disappointed in myself or not - all I know is that that way of life is over for me.

Offline iWasAdam

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 07:21:13 AM »
@Matty
Just had a look at the source you provided. I am VERY impressed with the graphics, especially how they translate down into lower resolutions.

Just been looking at the supplied bb code - it's very nicely laid out and super readable - a definate thumbs up from me on that front too  8)

How would you feel about me taking them and continuing as you started - The only thing you would have to do is make the graphics - no management, no hassle, etc :)
You don't have to think about any code or anything else - i'll handle all of that side ?

Offline Derron

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 07:53:29 AM »
Seems nobody is interested in that "paper cutout/tear-apart"-look for sprites (they could look more "rough" than the scaled-down-to-look-prettier/less-sketchy approach). No interest? Disliking the idea? Forgot to read that post? ...

bye
Ron

Offline Hardcoal

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 08:20:41 AM »
Hi matty ☺️
All is fine man.. Plus you didn't understand me..
I didn't want you to do any work, i just meant that you may want to view it in the editor generally..
But it's fine anyway, i don't want you to feel any berdon,
So let's put this behind us, i will manage..

You lost interest in games cause you grew up..
Its not the same now. Same here in many ways.

It may come back again though, you'll see.

Offline Hardcoal

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 12:23:23 PM »
I think i will buy some of the packs.. thats the best idea so far.. :)
Matty I just noticed the Zip file youve added.. Thanks. I like the spaceship.. and so on..

@derron,, which post are you referring too.. i have no clue what you are talking about.
bare in mind some english limitations by my side..

Offline Derron

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 02:23:21 PM »
The post right after Matty's drawn ships/sketches.

https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/topic,4465.msg16037.html#msg16037

bye
Ron