App Idea - Ice Breaker Complete Strangers

Started by Matty, April 30, 2018, 21:51:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty

Hi folks - I had a very simple app idea which I thought of which if it could become popular (not going to happen) would be fantastic at bringing complete strangers together.  There is another practicality that I realised when I shared it with someone that is that most people go to cafes in groups or couples not individually - so it would be really for lonely people like myself who go to restaurants and cafes on my own all the time. But the theory works....and so here it is:

1. Download app
2. Enter first name and an ice breaker question 'What's your footy team' for example.
3. Hit 'Scan'

When 'Scan' is hit the system - connects to an online server and sends it a timestamp, your name and icebreaker, and the non zero signal strength wifi router names in your vicinity.

The server looks through the database for other people who have hit 'scan' with the exact same wifi names and a timestamp within 10 minutes of you.
It brings back a list of people names and their ice breaker questions.

You can select a name (assuming it is someone you think you can see in the room - since the same wifi names and timestamp mean that most likely you are in the same or similar location). And you can select 'buzz' - a buzzer will sound on the other user's phone and they will receive your icebreaker.

And after the icebreaker is received most likely both people will look up - the one who buzzed the other person will identify them through their 'buzz' and the one who received the 'buzz' will see the other looking at them.

Hopefully, if people are friendly - they will then look up and start a conversation.

Technology actually bringing people together for real life face to face conversations - complete strangers!

Rooster

I think there is a dating app that does something like this, so it could work.

Just remember us when you're a multi-millionaire.  ;D

Matty

Thanks Rooster.

According to my yoga club I'm already a multi billionaire though:

Unfortunately it didn't match my bank balance when they gave me my change :'(

Rooster