Voting time for Movie and TV theme game competition - Apr 10 2018

Started by Qube, April 11, 2018, 23:15:46

Previous topic - Next topic

TomToad

------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

Qube

Quote from: col on April 15, 2018, 19:17:15
No probs. I just assumed because your game wasn't counted in the winning votes I'd put them side by side  ;D

1. Blue TIGAR
2. Envahi
3. Inferno
Lol, so you go from having my game joint 1st to nowhere? :P
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

col

Quote@col - you will need to have just a 1, 2, 3 please :)
;)

QuoteLol, so you go from having my game joint 1st to nowhere? :P
No sweat... I'll edit and put you back in to the same spot as I had decided 8)

I'm giving you your £50 pound bribe back too.
Just kidding folks there was NO bribe  :))
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

Qube

QuoteI'm giving you your £50 pound bribe back too.
Thought we agreed on a £100? :))
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Derron

Nope, 50 for you - and 50 for me to not finish my game in the timeframe ;-)

bye
Ron

Qube

Quote from: Derron on April 15, 2018, 21:46:18
Nope, 50 for you - and 50 for me to not finish my game in the timeframe ;-)
Ah, that explains why I thought it was £100 :P

Until the next time.

STEVIE G

1.  Pipanic

Genius idea, love the lo-res graphics - just up my street these days.  Great wee time waster. 

2.  Exbien

Obviously alot of effort put into this one and it shows.

3.  Blue TIGAR

I'm a stickler for low-poly minimalist games and this is very well done.

Derron

1. ExBiEn
2. Pipanic
3. Inferno

All of the games (also the other places) lack a bit of "variety" but this could easily get overcome with extended versions once they won their prices :-). Congrats to all contestants but there could only be 3 choosen ones. Blue TIGAR had good approaches (missions!) but it failed for me graphics wise (I know it is chosen by intention / knowledge of personal skill limitations or whatever). Nobody cares for the way you go, people judge the result. Envahi could be a way better presented game - it just needs a bit more spare time to get the polishing it needs for a small "arcade like" game. Think some "clay"-style or fancy-low-poly-plus-effects like game would really do well (yes I understand the idea of a "remake", no "revamp" but I compare it to other games, so it ...gets rated this way).

The vote-gainers:
Exbien: game with some addicting gameplay and good presentation (gfx+sfc).
Pipanic: seems most feature complete (aside of sound/music), a bit slow animations but overall also addicting and worth a "second 1st place". Please enhance gameplay variations to increase chances of "play over and over again" :-)
Inferno: had some pretty good looking "entities" (building crane and the likes) and a good game idea. It missed a catchy "how to play" introduction (@Adam, your last competition entry had one :-)). Presentation (gfx+sfx) was better than Blue TIGAR - which else would got this place (or better)

Nonetheless - as said already: good job all participants and you can only get better.

bye
Ron

Qube

QuoteAll of the games (also the other places) lack a bit of "variety" but this could easily get overcome with extended versions
ExBiEn will be getting an update and uploaded at some point in the coming days / weeks. Mainly :

1.. New control system \o/
2.. Side panel gone ( optional to turn it on / off )
3.. Health bar below the dudes
4.. Bullet and grenade info via little popup if player left clicks and holds on a dude
5.. Improved A.I
6.. Difficulty settings
7.. Advanced features like being able to exit the game during play
8.. Might add a couple more levels ( maybe )

Until the next time.

Derron

(5.b.. add pathfinding - maybe not on each update but every "tile" and every "second" so mobs do not run against walls :-P)
(9.. give each of the team members a lamp so "stucking" ones are not kept in the dark - they are afraid then).

BTW: Interesting to see that "less entries" correlates with "less votes" - so maybe it's all in all just "less buzz" than in the last compo. Next one really needs a bit more promotion "in advance" so people could prepare (team up, get rid of their jobs to have more sparetime, ...).

bye
Ron

Qube

Quote(5.b.. add pathfinding - maybe not on each update but every "tile" and every "second" so mobs do not run against walls :-P)
Yes, by improved A.I. I meant A* Pathfinding rather than the crude direct line approach. I did have A* Pathfinding in the game but doing it when you've got a dozen EBE's after you dropped the frame rate and my quick attempt to split up the working over frames to ease the workload wasn't successful and so I just had to go another route. Now there's no worry about doing everything I wanted to do in time I can begin again on that side of things and split all the working across multiple frames.

Quote(9.. give each of the team members a lamp so "stucking" ones are not kept in the dark - they are afraid then).
I'll probably add path finding to combat the left behind scenario. That way if a dude gets stuck behind a barrel or wall and you don't notice then he'll catch up on his own.

Until the next time.

Rick Nasher

Can't wait to see it. Previous video already really rocked.  8)
And, well it's pretty obvious what I would have voted  :), but too late. Missed the deadline I guess.

Qube

Until the next time.

3DzForMe

Quoteget rid of their jobs to have more sparetime, ...

The wife and kids might not wear me opting for that, and besides - its beneficial to have a house with electric and stuff to code in on occasion  :))
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1