June 27, 2019, 12:21:17 PM

Author Topic: AGK Tier2 meets Cerberus X  (Read 3731 times)

Offline MikeHart

• Cerberus-X Dev Team
    • Cerberus X
Re: AGK Tier2 meets Cerberus X
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2018, 07:58:43 PM »
CX now supports the AGK Tier2 target for Windows.

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2018, 05:29:03 AM »
Good to see you got permission from TGC ;D

Re MacOS - I could rent you out MacOS via https://portal.macincloud.com/select/#/plans if that's any help in order to get the MacOS version of Cerberus and AGK Tier2 plugin sorted?

Let me know :)
Until the next time...

Offline MikeHart

• Cerberus-X Dev Team
    • Cerberus X
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2018, 08:20:46 AM »
Hi Cube,

Thank you, I am sure that it could help as long as someone is able to install CX and QT5 on it. Some plans have no admin rights so I am not 100% sure about it.

I hope that by the middle of May I have access to a faster Win10 machine, so the connection and processing speed of such a solution shouldn't be a problem then.

So I will get back to you on that offer.

Michael

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2018, 08:42:47 AM »
If / when you’re good to go I’ll grab one that has admin rights. Just let me know :)
Until the next time...

Online Derron

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2018, 10:03:40 AM »
@ Qube
Dunno how long contracts go - but maybe buy an old mini or so (capable of using latest OS) and utilize that as building bot. Think after a year costs would become nearly equal - and you can have more (trusted) users on the same machine.

bye
Ron

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2018, 02:40:39 PM »
@ Qube
Dunno how long contracts go - but maybe buy an old mini or so (capable of using latest OS) and utilize that as building bot. Think after a year costs would become nearly equal - and you can have more (trusted) users on the same machine.
I already have a Mac Mini which runs the Linux VM for the site. I could add a MacOS VM on it too but I'm not sure about giving anyone access that I don't personally know ( not that I'm saying Mike is untrustworthy of course ).
Until the next time...

Online Derron

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2018, 04:20:31 PM »
I understand that it does not provide ability to do "real testing" but at least you could "compile". I thought about the same thing for BlitzMax NG as IWasAdam had issues with my mac-binaries which were build on a (Yosemite?) Hackintosh (and same for builds by a VM running Mountain Lion or so).

If you prepared the building chains in advance you would limit "security issues" (execution of stuff...).
Forum users - requesting access before and granting access assumed - could upload their sources. Best of course via git, to keep things clean and low on traffic/upload times. Once they uploaded, they can hit "compile" and the predefined chain (eg. "bmk makeapp -r -g x64 path/to/app/appfile.bmx") is executed. The return/output of this command is printed to the user. The user could request an "archive" of "his project folder" (containing sources, build files and binaries). Depending on the output (you know if it builds 1 file or multiple) you could also predefine what could get downloaded.

BUT ... while this might be something interesting to build I assume you prefer spending 50 bucks a month without further hassles.

bye
Ron