Site suggestions, the future and other stuff

Started by Qube, June 12, 2017, 01:40:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Krischan

One very important thing for me is this one (ok, it's Summer now - at least at the northern hemisphere - but hey in only six months it's XMAS again) ;D ;D ;D

Kind regards
Krischan

Windows 10 Pro | i7 9700K@ 3.6GHz | RTX 2080 8GB]
Metaverse | Blitzbasic Archive | My Github projects

Qube

Quote from: LineOf7s on June 13, 2017, 14:30:46Suggestion:  Increase the number of entries in the RSS feed from 5 to... 25, maybe?
You can do this by modifying the RSS feed URL to http://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss;limit=25

QuoteOne very important thing for me is this one (ok, it's Summer now - at least at the northern hemisphere - but hey in only six months it's XMAS again)
Saved and ready for the festive period which for me starts on December 1st :D
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

LineOf7s

Quote from: Qube on June 14, 2017, 01:38:49
Quote from: LineOf7s on June 13, 2017, 14:30:46Suggestion:  Increase the number of entries in the RSS feed from 5 to... 25, maybe?
You can do this by modifying the RSS feed URL to http://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss;limit=25
Cool, thanks.  Done.
"Life's biggest obstacles are your greatest opportunities to excel"

Dabz

Chatroom, its not syntaxbomb without a chatroom! :D

Dabz
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB), 16Gig DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 64bit

GW

Qube

Quote from: Dabz on June 25, 2017, 20:52:44
Chatroom, its not syntaxbomb without a chatroom! :D

Dabz
I'll get a chatroom sorted of for SyntaxBomb, hosted here and plugged directly into the forums :D
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD

Until the next time.

Rick Nasher

Perhaps a small bug in the Code Archives: the line numbers get copied along into blitz when trying to copy-paste the source codes, which blitz doesn't like.

Qube

Quote from: Rick Nasher on July 15, 2017, 03:09:23
Perhaps a small bug in the Code Archives: the line numbers get copied along into blitz when trying to copy-paste the source codes, which blitz doesn't like.
Huh, that's just silly ::) - I'll see if I slap in a link to just highlight the code.

Until the next time.

GW

QuotePerhaps a small bug in the Code Archives: the line numbers get copied along into blitz when trying to copy-paste the source codes, which blitz doesn't like.[/size]

I can't duplicate problem. unless your hitting ctrl-a to highlight the whole page

RonTek

Yes, copy paste works ok without the line numbers. Try selecting only inside the code box.

Qube

QuoteYes, copy paste works ok without the line numbers. Try selecting only inside the code box.
Does this mean I don't to dive in and alter the forum code?  :P

Until the next time.

RonTek

Quote from: Qube on July 17, 2017, 07:11:20
QuoteYes, copy paste works ok without the line numbers. Try selecting only inside the code box.
Does this mean I don't to dive in and alter the forum code?  :P

yep, seems to work fine as long as you select it like this..  :)

Rick Nasher

Hmm, of course I'm not using Ctrl+a(duh).  ::)
Just the regular Ctrl+C or V. Also tried RightClick>Copy/Paste: same results. Proof?

Copy:

Paste:

It happens when selecting the entire text or only piece of text as well.
I've also checked out the possibility that was a browser specific thingy,  but tried both IE11 and Chrome and makes no difference. I'm on Windows 10 Pro Creators Update and haven't run into this anywhere else yet.

I dunno if is in certain areas only but I was copying from here:  http://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/topic,402.0.html

Could be an odd setting on my system, but I find it hard to imagine what could cause this..
I'm not looking forward to be taking out the line number every time, especially on the larger pieces of code.

Perhaps a download button like the original Blitz site isn't such a bad idea, for one thing its more easy(if possible)?

TomToad

I agree, a Download Source link is needed.  In the mean time, you can go to the official Blitz archive at http://wasted.nz and download from there.
------------------------------------------------
8 rabbits equals 1 rabbyte.

markcwm

I don't get any line numbers even if I select the whole page, I'm using Win 7 Home Premium + Firefox 54 32-bit.

I would like to ask Qube if he could increased the default code font size by one or even two sizes, as it's smaller than the custom syntax highlighted ones.