September 19, 2019, 12:33:58 PM

Author Topic: Site suggestions, the future and other stuff  (Read 37213 times)

Offline Qube

• Administrator
Re: Site suggestions, the future and other stuff
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2019, 06:38:40 PM »
Don't know if it has been pointed out before, but the site appears to be blocking Russian IPs... I didn't report that earlier because I don't really visit too often and had just kind of hoped that it may resolve itself at some point.
We get a truck load of spammers from our friends in Russia and it looks like your IP fell into a range that the shady types use.

I have removed all the IP's I can find for your account so hopefully you should be able to log in as normal. If not let me know :)
Until the next time...

Offline Rick Nasher

« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2019, 02:09:18 PM »
Hehehe. I think you're right Qube. There are shady things coming from there these days. And they have some great coders.
Last year MichaelV (if that's the correct spelling) - you know, the guy from FastLibraries - asked me to add him to LinkedIn, stating he's looking for a job.

Even though I admire what he did(FastLibraries is a real marvel ) and I'm perhaps a bit prejudiced, but seeing his background, temporary disappearance and skill level I thought it was more wise to reject out of safety concerns.

Seen a doc on Vice TV about the way 'they' recruit their people, might very well be 'an-offer-they-can't-refuse'.
Perhaps also the reason suddenly those talented guys from XorS 'disappeared'.

(btw *not* meant to start another consp. theo. discussion, so hope I didn't encourage that with this comment)

Offline NoNameHere

« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2019, 03:50:47 PM »
Nothing changed - still that banned message. I guess that's due to the fact that I have ADSL, and it hops IPs frequently. Thanks for trying though. I'll keep on using VPN to visit.

Shady things are coming out of here indeed, so I'd say reluctance to deal with Russia these days is understandable.

Offline RemiD

« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2019, 08:43:52 PM »
it would be good to have a "sent messages" section, similar to the "received messages" section, and be able to read, keep, or delete each... (and maybe automatically delete any message after x days to preserve server space...)
DualCore AMD E-450, 1646 MHz - 6 Go DDR3 1333 SDRAM - AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics (384 Mo) - Windows 7 Home Premium - DirectX 11.0

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2019, 10:47:37 PM »
it would be good to have a "sent messages" section, similar to the "received messages" section, and be able to read, keep, or delete each...
There is :)

1st make sure you have the setting in Messages > Preferences : "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default" ticked on :

Then you'll be able to see your messages in by hovering your mouse over Messages and select Sent Items :

and maybe automatically delete any message after x days to preserve server space...
There is no option for that but you can prune messages older than X days via the Actions option. Also, not worried about server space ;D
Until the next time...

Offline RemiD

« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2019, 08:36:01 AM »
oh ! thanks  :)
DualCore AMD E-450, 1646 MHz - 6 Go DDR3 1333 SDRAM - AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics (384 Mo) - Windows 7 Home Premium - DirectX 11.0