Author Topic: Site suggestions, the future and other stuff  (Read 22634 times)

Offline Derron

Re: Site suggestions, the future and other stuff
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2018, 04:13:34 PM »
Hmm? where did you disable it? Shift-F5 reloaded the whole thing (so new css, new js, ...) and I still can toggle it on off and it still doubles my line breaks when loading the reply box, entering some lines and switch to "non wysiwyg" via button click.
Also clicking on a editor-button is showing that wysiwyg is "on" by default.

There are plenty of these bbcode-capable wysiwyg-editors out there, dunno why they do not just replace it with another lightweight one. Maybe even one that looks a bit more like a rich text editor than a textarea + some buttons.

bye
Ron

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2018, 04:54:40 PM »
Also clicking on a editor-button is showing that wysiwyg is "on" by default.
I set it to off by default. So it should be erm, off by default.

If you click on "Profile > Modify Profile > Look and Layout" then you tick off "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default." - It's off on mine and works.
Until the next time...

Offline Derron

« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2018, 05:06:07 PM »
Ahh ok, were was a checkbox ... found it, unchecked, and works. Thanks.

bye
Ron

Offline MagosDomina

• Aspiring game developer website.
« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2018, 10:45:48 PM »
Not sure if this has been already discussed but does this forum/website take donations? I consider this place an invaluable resource. So if I could contribute anything it make me feel better.  ;D
Central hub for my Game Design related activities.
http://www.magosdomina.com/

Windows 7, 64-bit, 48Gb RAM, CPU: Intel Xeon, 3.33 x12, 4gb Nvidia Quadro 5800FX SLI x 2.

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: June 04, 2018, 10:56:04 PM »
Not sure if this has been already discussed but does this forum/website take donations? I consider this place an invaluable resource. So if I could contribute anything it make me feel better.  ;D
That's very kind of you to offer, thank you. We don't have any donation buttons and with a bit of luck we'll never need to :) - Keep coding, that's good enough for me ;D
Until the next time...

Offline Derron

« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2018, 07:01:02 AM »
@ MagosDomina

If you want to "donate" - why not send that money for the next competition price pot? Especially if you enter the competition it is your chance to get the money back :-)

bye
Ron

Offline MagosDomina

• Aspiring game developer website.
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2018, 12:20:40 AM »
A competition sounds like a fun challenge but it would shift away precious time from my magnus opus.  8)
Central hub for my Game Design related activities.
http://www.magosdomina.com/

Windows 7, 64-bit, 48Gb RAM, CPU: Intel Xeon, 3.33 x12, 4gb Nvidia Quadro 5800FX SLI x 2.

Offline RemiD

« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2018, 06:57:18 PM »
on blitz3dfr, the instant messages box was at the bottom of the forum, and was often active, maybe put the instant messages box of syntaxbomb in a similar place ?

Offline Derron

« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »
@ code blocks
Maybe add support for some other "often used" languages: lua, c/h, bash/sh - and if available, support for your beloved AGK.

bye
Ron

Offline Qube

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2018, 09:51:56 AM »
@ code blocks
Maybe add support for some other "often used" languages: lua, c/h, bash/sh - and if available, support for your beloved AGK.
I don't know if its the SMF forum integration module or GESHI itself. But the syntax highlighting side isn't as clean as I'd like. I've tried different themes per language but they just get ignored, hence why currently all languages use the BB colours. Having one coloured style isn't such a bad thing and I don't mind adding more but we're not getting many post with "lua, c/h, bash/sh" to warrant the effort?. I agree that AGK could do with being added so if anyone wants to provide a full list of commands and operators then I'll happily spend the additional time in adding it in :)
Until the next time...

Offline Derron

« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2018, 11:50:23 AM »
https://highlightjs.org/

@ languages
I think "c" is not that rarely used - especially as many of our beloved languages somehow are able to communicate with c-stuff.

Also I do not need "different" themes ... just basic helpful colorization (comments, keywords, strings, numbers ...) aka all the stuff most syntax highlighters offer. Geshi is nice if you want "server side" support. I think people without "java script enabled" are either doing it by purpose (and are able to "whitelist" your page accordingly - or just keep the "non colored" textarea version) or do not know about java-script (others blocked it) and then this means they wont be into programming at all.
Such "decoration" stuff is pretty well suited to be done by a JS script rather a server side processed script.

Geshi should have C-support out of the box - still your forum says "unknown language" if you have a {code=c}block{/code}.

@ highlight js
To keep things small you can of course build your own variant with less languages to support.

I did not want to motivate you to "manually code" syntax highlighters - just use something which does the stuff for you (like hljs or geshi).

bye
Ron