Programing language

Started by Rooster, June 09, 2017, 01:15:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Which programing language do you use? (as in use the most)

BlitzMax
5 (31.3%)
Blitz3D
1 (6.3%)
BlitzPlus
1 (6.3%)
MonkeyX
3 (18.8%)
Monkey2
0 (0%)
C++
3 (18.8%)
Other
3 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: June 10, 2017, 01:15:36

MikeHart

Quote from: Xaron on June 09, 2017, 08:00:38
You can use plugins with the basic one as well but as far as I know this is only for Windows. As I've only started recently maybe Mike or Qube can answer this better.

OSX and Linux are supported now too and I am sure that Android and IOS will follow. At least they have it on their dev roadmap.

outsider

Goodlookinguy

I feel left out not being part of an AGK tier

Now I really have to try it.
I'm insane and not in a funny or good way! nrgs.org

EdzUp

Been coding on Unity and C++ since last year, currently writing my own 2d renderer called Ultim.

Writing my own as I lose faith easily when people pull plugs on languages and C++ has been around for decades :)

Goodlookinguy

I'd say just about any language with a capital "C" and optional symbol(s) in front of it is a safe bet. C/C++/C#/C--, they all keep living on and getting better, usually.

I personally find myself using C++ and C# the most nowadays. C++ because of Arduino, C# because of MS/Xamarin cross-platform and general PC software development. Although I still use BlitzMax when doing heavy image manipulation software, because the .NET framework is lousy at image manipulation. GDI+ is just not good at that kind of thing.
I'm insane and not in a funny or good way! nrgs.org