How do Indies get published on PS4?

Started by ENAY, March 16, 2018, 09:12:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Kryzon

It reminds me of a quote from The Incredibles:

"...And when I'm old and I've had my fun, I'll sell my inventions so that everyone can be superheroes. Everyone can be super! And when everyone's super...

[laughs maniacally]

...no one will be."

I'm not saying if it's right or wrong, just that it makes sense if everyone wants to be a game developer, no one will be lol

col

I dont know who to blame... the people that make these 'game makers' for making it so easy for dickhead asset flippers to create 'games' for niche markets and/or the quality control at Sony. They both have a part in this ruining of the game industry's reputation.
https://github.com/davecamp

"When you observe the world through social media, you lose your faith in it."

ENAY

Blame lies on the platform holders. They should be checking what games are published. They don't because they get money for putting games on stores. Steam is the worst for this.

Kryzon

My aunt participated in this Amazon.com program where people had to submit 50 original apps (of your own making) to the Amazon app store, and those that did that would get a free Kindle tablet (with free international shipping).

She did get a tablet after submittimg her 50 apps, most of which hadn't been approved on the Play Store or App Store on grounds of copyright infringement.
So yeah, I totally get what ENAY is saying, the platform owners don't give a s***. Every developer is fighting each other to get to the spotlight, the platform owners can just sit back and enjoy the profit that they will certainly make one way or the other.
Owning the platform is the best business model: Gumroad, Cubebrush etc.
That's how Unity and Unreal can afford to be free, they take their fees from every asset store sale.