Publishing

Started by Pfaber11, March 09, 2018, 12:23:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfaber11

About to publish my first AGK game. Can't afford to pay for the privaledge so was going to try itch.io. Any thoughts about this.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .
  PureBasic 6 and AppGameKit studio
ASUS Vivo book 15 16gb ram 256gb storage  cpu upto 4.1 ghz

Rick Nasher

Haven't every published anything, might be good idea to do it on itch.io for apparently publishing on Steam would cost you $100,-
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/want-to-get-a-game-on-steam-100-is-all-you-need/

Similar fee for Google play store 1x per year $100,- + a 1 time fee of $25,-
(dunno really )
https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/113469?hl=en

MikeHart

Rick, since when there is an anuall fee for Google?

therevills

Quote from: MikeHart on March 09, 2018, 22:36:17
Rick, since when there is an anuall fee for Google?

First I've heard of it and I've got quite a few apps on the store!

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6112435?hl=en

QuoteThere is a $25 USD one-time registration fee that you can pay with the following credit or debit cards:

Maybe Rick has mixed up the Apple App Store costs...

MikeHart

I thought so too. I signed up in 2011 and never had to pay anything else beside the 25 usd.

Pfaber11

Does anybody know of any other places I can. Launch my game on that is also free like itch.
HP 15s i3 1.2 upto 3.4 ghz 128 gb ssd 16 gb ram 15.6 inch screen. Windows 11 home edition .  2Tb external hard drive dedicated to Linux Mint .

degac

really no idea (today)!
But a rapid search on google (how to publish a game) bring me many possible solutions (no grant of course :D)
One of these

https://ninichimusic.com/blog/2017/9/1/11-places-to-publish-release-your-indie-game

Of course everyone has its OWN vision of what is the right roads...
If there's a problem, there's at least one solution.
www.blitzmax.org

Rick Nasher

Oh by all means correct me if wrong. I just did a quick google as I never published someth myself and this was mentioned somewhere.
I'll correct. :-)

Pfaber11

Had a look at that site of where to publish games and itch.io was right up there in number 2 position. Thanks for your input. Could someone tell me where to get an AGK logo from to brand my game prior to release.

Pfaber11

I believe the logo is necessary to comply with the game creators rules. I don't suppose they would know though. Would like to comply with the rules.

Qube

Quote from: Pfaber11 on March 11, 2018, 12:33:12
I believe the logo is necessary to comply with the game creators rules. I don't suppose they would know though. Would like to comply with the rules.
They do not need to include the logo with your game. The Game Creators do not require you to do that. They only have recommendations if you do want to include the logo.

Quote from: https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/distribution.htmlDistribution

If you want to help support AGK then please consider the following. This is optional but would be greatly appreciated.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

Pfaber11

Gonna try game jolt this evening and see what happens. It's free like itch and hopefully will generate some interest.  Not sure where to go from there probably face book.

Pfaber11

Oh right no need to worry about branding then. Thanks for that.

Pfaber11

Well I published my 2 AGK2 games on game jolt and  itch.io. . put them on there for free as they're not that great also put a blitz3d one on as well that I wrote before I got AGK2.  Will be interesting to see how many downloads I get. Probably not many by the look of it. There's a lot more free games out there than I realized. Anyway have a nice day.

LineOf7s

A link would help your cause greatly.  :)
"Life's biggest obstacles are your greatest opportunities to excel"