AppGameKit 70% off until October 15th 2018

Started by Qube, October 11, 2018, 20:26:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Naughty Alien

..my condolences Pakz..i hope you will recover as soon as its possible..

..as for AGK..i would love to see it with functions within types...that will be fantastic...

plenatus

@Pakz: I wish you lots of strengh in the next time.

AGK: yes functions inside types would great...but...i don´t understand why the most updates in the last month are for android specially.(it feels so)
Especially because google no longer allows all programs to come into the playstore.

There is a thread with feature wishes in the tgc forum but it seems the devs don´t take a look on this.
But threads dev-side like "we need your help/games/translations" are updated from time to time.

Don´t understand me wrong, i like AGK very much, but i think the tgc devs should more read what are the wishes from the users.

3DzForMe

@Pakz, sorry for your loss.

I tried AGK briefly, but I still code (sporadically at best...) In Blitz3D. I'm still impressed with what was achievable in MonkeyX, although I was as unimpressed as all with the disappearance of its forums. Monkey2 still there, long may it continue.

BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1

Qube

Quote from: 3DzForMe on October 20, 2018, 23:36:18I tried AGK briefly
It's worth spending time with it. It's a little wordy syntax wise but it's pretty powerful and great fun once you get into it.

Quote from: 3DzForMe on October 20, 2018, 23:36:18although I was as unimpressed as all with the disappearance of its forums. Monkey2 still there, long may it continue.
Mark should have given the BB site(s) to someone who was willing to continue on the community. There was no real need to close them down at all. I'm sure there were many people able to host, maintain and keep those forums going for all the supporters. I'll be open about it and say I think it was a complete slap in the face to all the loyal Blitz community to do that.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

plenatus

I think also that a Blitz3D V2 with dx11/12 or maybe opengl 3/4 was the wish of the most.
The easy syntax holds the whole bb community.

And i think monkey2 is dead nearly like the rest of bb.

round157

Quote from: c0d3r9 on October 21, 2018, 11:01:50

Hello, if the author of Monkey2 really abandon Monkey2 finally, perhaps some enthusiastic and talented Monkey2 users will take

over this Monkey2 project to continue to develop. The future of this project will still be good. This situation is similar to the

situation of Monkey1. Some talented users took over the Monkey1 project. At last, Monkey1 became Cerberus X. Actually, the

current status of Cerberus X looks very nice. Right?

Naughty Alien

Quote from: round157 on October 24, 2018, 01:14:04

Hello, if the author of Monkey2 really abandon Monkey2 finally, perhaps some enthusiastic and talented Monkey2 users will take

over this Monkey2 project to continue to develop. The future of this project will still be good. This situation is similar to the

situation of Monkey1. Some talented users took over the Monkey1 project. At last, Monkey1 became Cerberus X. Actually, the

..i think that was not what he mean by saying that m2 is dead..

Qube

Monkey2 has not been abandoned. Some say it is dead because Mark Sibly now has a full time job and of course development of Monkey2 will be much slower than usual. Slow does not equal dead or abandoned. I'd say the future of M2 is in flux and it's too early to say if it's abandoned or not. The downside to this is of course Mark also decided to shut down the entire dedicated Blitz forum community so abandoning things is a real possibility should he just decide to become bored or loose interest.

Regarding Monkey 1, the guys who have taken it over and created Cerberus X have done an amazing job. If I were to choose between the two then I'd pick Cerberus X as it has a lot of dedication behind it.
Mac Studio M1 Max ( 10 core CPU - 24 core GPU ), 32GB LPDDR5, 512GB SSD,
Beelink SER7 Mini Gaming PC, Ryzen 7 7840HS 8-Core 16-Thread 5.1GHz Processor, 32G DDR5 RAM 1T PCIe 4.0 SSD
MSI MEG 342C 34" QD-OLED Monitor

Until the next time.

round157

Quote from: Qube on October 24, 2018, 05:43:47

Monkey2 has not been abandoned. Some say it is dead because Mark Sibly now has a full time job and of course development of Monkey2 will be much slower than usual. Slow does not equal dead or abandoned. I'd say the future of M2 is in flux and it's too early to say if it's abandoned or not. The downside to this is of course Mark also decided to shut down the entire dedicated Blitz forum community so abandoning things is a real possibility should he just decide to become bored or loose interest.

Regarding Monkey 1, the guys who have taken it over and created Cerberus X have done an amazing job. If I were to choose between the two then I'd pick Cerberus X as it has a lot of dedication behind it.

Hi, thanks for your detailed explanation. I fully understand now.

Cerberus X is a quite successful software.

round157

Quote from: Naughty Alien on October 24, 2018, 02:03:28

..i think that was not what he mean by saying that m2 is dead..

Hi,

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood.

Thank you.

3DzForMe

Monkey2 has some intriguing 3D Ness evolving within it. I agree, BB.com being shut down was a slap in the face, however as an indie developer I can see how moving on sometimes and cutting ties with flamey stuff can appeal.

Not sure I've the mojo to get my suede around another coding language, I've done a few in my time and whilst AGK does appeal, B3D still has legs in it for my purposes. Of course, it's free for all to use now, which was generous of Mr Sibly.

Long may Monkey2 continue, and well done to the CerberusX crew, I just need a 64 bit computer to run it.....
BLitz3D, IDEal, AGK Studio, BMax, Java Code, Cerberus
Recent Hardware: Dell Laptop
Oldest Hardware: Commodore Amiga 1200 with 1084S Monitor & Blitz Basic 2.1